Votrient User Reviews

Votrient - User Reviews

Votrient User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Votrient sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Janet, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 31

I began treatment for kidney cancer after having my left kidney remover. A spot then developed in my left lung. This was removed by sugery. Another spot developed in my right lung and was determined to be renal cell. I began taking voltrient 800 mg and after 5 mos and 2 wks this spot was gone. I stoped taking it for 3 mos and another spot occured. I have been back on voltrient for 6 mos and this tumor has reduced by 50%. Side effects have been almost constant diarrhea and some nausa. My hair has turned white and I have noticed some thinning. d

Related Reading: kidney cancer | tumor | diarrhea

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 08

I have been taking this medicine for 3 months and feel great with no side effects. Going back to MD Anderson on Dec 5th. Looking for good news. Very optimistic. Thank the Lord.

Comment from: Skipper, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 10

I am also a diabetic taking glipizide. When taking sutent my sugar increased, when taking afinnator my sugar increased, when I started taking this votrient my sugar decreased. I was taking 10 mg twice a day and now I have backed off to 5 mg daily. When I first started takng Votrient I had to close episodes with low sugar. I've had to back off sugar medication until down to 5 mg daily and holding my own right now. Yet I can find no reference to sugar in the list of side effects. Do you have any?

Related Reading: sutent | votrient

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 19

After having my left kidney removed and the failure of interleukin 2 treatments, my oncologist started me on votrient. 800 mg caused terrible hand pain and bruising, switched to a tolerable 600mg and have had shrinkage of the metastatic lung growths so far. 7 months so far on it and side effects include fairly constant diarrhea and all my hair turned white. Also have to take several relatively high dose blood pressure meds to combat the elevated blood pressure side effect.

Comment from: lmdfarm, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 17

After having a kidney removed Jan of 09. As of April 2010, I now have metastacic renal cell carcinoma to both lungs. I was taking Torisel IV treatments until I developed an out of control infection.Started Votrient in November 2010, am doing very well on it so far.

Related Reading: Torisel

Comment from: kenneth Brown, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 14

When I started I was on 800mg but my liver was effected too much so we dropped to 400 which was tolerable. At one point we decided to go to 600 which caused serious diarrhea. Has anyone had good results at the 400mg dose? My recent PET/CT showed previous tumors in check but 1 small new spot. I have been on Votrient for 8 mths.

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 31

I have been on this drug since last Oct and have little or no side effects. Had a cancer in my right in 1999 and the kidney was removed. In 2009 I was ct'ed for 8 months until the Pulminologist has the area between my lungs biopsed, showed 3 clear cell lymp nodes and one renal cell cancer. Have been going to MD Anderson for over a year and my last vist (FEB) the doctor said 2 lymp nodes had schrunk and 2 were slitley larger. Am optimistic and believe in MD Anderson. Keep the faith and pray to God.

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 02

Fairly easy to tolerate. Worst SE is hypertension.

Comment from: bb, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 29

I've been on Votrient over a year. It has worked quite well on the soft tissue tumors, keeping them stable or shrinking, but not as well on the bone mets. Diarrhea did not become a problem until after the first six months. Other than hair color change, no other side effects.