Votrient User Reviews

Votrient - User Reviews

Votrient User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Votrient sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: photographer, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 03

After having my left kidney removed in Oct 2010, spots in the lung were addressed. Started drug Jan 2012, reduced spots in lung by March but stopped reducing by end of May. White hair, lose of hair, lose of taste, diarrhea, high blood pressure, were all side effects that were tolerable. The black spots in the vision were not. Since no further reduction to spots in the lungs, a switch to "Everolimus" is recommended. New side effects to look forward too!!!

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: EJS, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 29

Thank you, Glaxo-Smith Kline! After 7 days of taking Votrient, my tumors (soft-tissue sarcoma) have noticeably decreased in size. On April 26, 2012, the FDA officially approved Votrient for Advanced Soft Tissue Sarcomas. Knowing that FDA approval was imminent, I began taking Votrient on April 21, 2012, for Malignant Fibrous Histiocytoma in my left flank/retroperitoneal. I am a 22 year survivor of MFH sarcoma (now known as UPS), and had been on traditional chemotherapy for 8 years. I had success with ifosfamide/adriamycin, and gemzar/taxotere. But, my tumors mutated to grow resistant to those chemos. I have no surgical or radiation options. VOTRIENT looks like it will prolong my life! My doctor had given me 6 months, unless I could find a drug that would work. I tried two clinical trials. And, now VOTRIENT! Compared to anything I have taken, Votrient has few side-effects. I had a slight increase in blood pressure (that started on Day One). I may have a little fatigue. I couldn't tell you if my hair color is changing -- I have been bald for 8 years. If I have any new side-effects or changes, I will report again. Thank you, GSK and FDA (for fast-tracking the approval).

Related Reading: gemzar | taxotere | fatigue

Comment from: gdm, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 23

i think it has kept me alive