Proventil HFA User Reviews

Proventil HFA - User Reviews

Proventil HFA User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Proventil HFA sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: orangejello1984, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 29

I have been on a generic abuterol inhaler for almost 15 years. I can't believe they stopped making it. I'm disgusted with the fact that I have to pay $40 for a rescue inhaler when my old one worked just as well. It's great that someone wanted to clean up the environment, but it's criminal that they are charging everyone at least $35 for an inhaler that used to cost $5. This is a medication that some people can't live without and with the new prices, people can't afford it. I'm livid that there is no generic available. I'm half tempted to lock myself in a closet for the next 2 years while I wait for a generic because I simply can't afford to be out and about in a world full of allergens when I have to pay $40 for my inhaler! Ridiculous.

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 11

Now I can't speak for everyone, but I agree with everyone 110%... I really miss the old albuterol sulfate! This medication isn't very effective and I find myself constantly using more than what is prescribed. Also, no matter how hard I puff... it never seems to be despensing the medicine, you could hear and feel my old inhalier working... but this one does work after a while. Just do yourself a favor and get a different perscription; because this one is worthless for emergencies! The only reason i'm still using it, is because it's only a $2.50 co-pay with my insurance. Which, by the way, is really all this crapp is worth.

Related Reading: albuterol sulfate

Comment from: betty, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 18

I have been using this medicine for two weeks now and find that I have to use it more to relieve my breathing. Also now I have muscle cramps in my lower leg. This is one of the side affects, I am going to ask the Dr. if there is anything else I can take to relieve my asthma.

Related Reading: muscle cramps | asthma

Comment from: Crytical, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 05

While Proventil *seems* to have a softer spray than plain albuterol (CFC inhalers), I find it easier to use. It doesn't seem as if most of the med ends up on the back of my throat. The taste is also far better :-) I just switched and I don't think I'll go back! While a regular albuterol inhaler only costs me $4 each and Proventil is a $30 copay, it's worth it.

Related Reading: Proventil

Comment from: mrs s1, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 16

I want the old one back!!!!!!This inhaler is terrible!!!!!! It does not work half as well and I find I need to use it more.Please find a way to bring back the old one!!!!!!!!

Comment from: lgomez, 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 28

I'm a 26 year old asthmatic and I hate this new Albuterol all Albuterols are the same the generics or brand names the problem is once they made the HFA the medication strength doesn't work the same. I find myself using more and more often as before I only needed a puff once in awhile now I use it like 4 puffs or more specially when I really have a severe asthma attack. I believe if its not broken don't fix it. We were all doing very well with the old one. At work since I'm also a repiratory therapist every one of my patients complain of how ineffective this new inhaler is. Specially for our eldery patients they find them self more in the hospital because they find no reason to use their inhaler since it doesn't work for them.

Comment from: Beth, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 05

I have used Albuterol for the last 8 or 9 years. When they took it off the market I was put on this and it DOESN'T work. AND I think i'm allergic to something in it but its the only thing I can take when a sudden attack comes on(even though it really doesn't work).

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 23

I have been using this inhaler for the past 10 months. I am not happy with it. I feel like I have to use more of it than I ever had to use my albuterol inhaler. After I use it it makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 15

I have only been using this inhaler for about 6 months as opposed to the 6 years I used my other inhaler. This one does not work most of the time! I feel like I am constantly needing more medicine, since it hasn't controlled my attacks as well as I need it to. I'm going to the doctor next week to hopefully try something different...