Vytorin User Reviews

Vytorin - User Reviews

Vytorin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vytorin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: wandj4@comcast.net, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 20

does this medication cause ankle swelling?

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 26

this has been a good drug but I am concerned about the side effect of it.. my arm has really been hurting and wondering if it could be this

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 03

Although my cholestrol levels were lowered (lowest readings of my life) the side effects were horrible, muscle pain, profound weakness, mental "fog". I stopped the meds about 4mths ago, the pain and "fog" are gone but the weakness in my legs continues, though is starting to improve slightly. It wasn't till I was almost housebound by the side effects that my doctor suggested stopping the meds. Needless to say I am looking for a new doctor.

Related Reading: muscle pain

Comment from: shar, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 15

I have been having feelings of weakness in my legs as if they will crumble on me at any time. Also feel like I am in a fog. I have some pain on & off all over. Also stabbing pain in feet & cause leg to jump.

Comment from: dyann, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 17

biggest problem is muscle pain, leg cramps and severe pain in feet unable to walk very far abd have to stand quite a lenght of time until i am able to walk

Comment from: Marylee, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 10

I have been taking the 10/80mg Vytorin since March, 2008. Within 8 weeks after starting Vytorin, my overall cholesterol was at 129, my LDL's were 62,my HDL's were at 51, and triglycerides were 82. No other medication has ever brought it this low. After another 3 months, it was still low. In April, 2009, my cholesterol has crept up a little to 152, triglcerides 78, HDL' 58 and LDL's 78. It appears to be working for me for now. I have felt great, no noticeable side affects.

Related Reading: Vytorin | cholesterol

Comment from: mdoman, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 25

Like the previous posts, lots of pain in legs and arms. I have found out if you take it in the morning you won't wake up trying to get out of bed cause your joints hurt. Still by the end of the day, it feels like I just got done running a marathon. I'm hoping to find something else.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 24

I can't take the leg cramps any longer. I quit taking it last week.

Comment from: bulldogger, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 05

i have had great luck with this drug and no side effects.

Comment from: cabin man, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 03

worked extremely well in bringing down hdl and ldl counts, to good in fact. After three years, came down with two different cancers in 10 months, skin cancer on the face, and leukemia. Stopped the vytorin.

Related Reading: skin cancer | leukemia

Comment from: Stella, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 02

I have been taking this med for over 2 years now. It has helped lower my bad and rise my good cholesterol. The only drawback is that it is very expensive. Can't wait for it to go generic.

Comment from: youdoo, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 16

Been taking it about 3 years, Zocor before that. Vytorin is lots more effective. Feel weakness and fog but attributed it to my age, 78. Might be a side effect. I'm OK with it. Going to try Simvistatin and Ezetimibe in separate tablets. Should get the same effect at less cost.

Related Reading: Zocor

Cholesterol Management

Tips to keep it under control.