Vyvanse User Reviews

Vyvanse - User Reviews

Vyvanse User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vyvanse sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: SpeccMD75, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 17

Vyvanse is a new drug on the market the is very similair to Adderall XR. Like any ADHD medication, this drug does raise one's heart rate and will have an affect on one's stomach. Something that I do is open up the capsule and pour the contents into apple sauce. The mixture of the food and the medication makes it a lot easier on the stomach. The common misconception is that you need the capsule, but that is not true. One the capsule enters your body, it starts to dissolve. The capsule does nothing, but carry it's contents to your stomach. If the medication does bother your stomach, try opening the capsule and mixing it in apple sauce. It really does work. Vyvanse 30mg is like Adderall Xr 10mg Vyvanse 50mg is like Adderall Xr 20mg Vyvanse 70mg is like Adderall Xr 30mg If you have been on Adderall Xr and it is not working try Vyvnase. It is extremely similar and works exactly the same. I am a pharmacist and it has worked on my child. His grades are much better. I do recommend it ot my patients.

Related Reading: Vyvanse | Adderall | ADHD

Published: December 20

Vyvanse is a bad drug. I was diagnosed with ADD and have been treating it with Adderall for the past 4 years, and all the sudden my Psychiatrist springs it on me to try Vyvanse, only giving me shallow reasons such as its 'so-called' inability to cause dependence and abuse. I got a 30-day trial for free. Never in my life have I experienced the psychosis caused by Vyvanse-- it literally caused me to be in a constant fury and paranoia. Parents should really read into the drugs that the doctors are trying to prescribe to their children-- the only reason there is a push for Vyvanse now is because the patent for Adderall is running out, therefore other companies will be able to make generic Adderall, causing Shire, the original makers of Adderall and Vyvanse, to lose money. So, Shire is trying to keep their grips on the ever-growing ADHD community by pushing another similar drug, which happens to be heavy in side effects, all for money. Don't allow the drug industry to play games with you, or your child.

Comment from: inspired1012003, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 19

Aside from being careful what time I take it, it's been wonderful. However, I can't take it past 9am if I want to sleep at night. For me, it lasts anywhere from 13-15 hours and there's no serious drop-off towards the end. I also have had no issues with side effects as I have had with other stimulant medications.

Comment from: Yunior, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 19

It has been eight days since I started treatment for ADHD with Vyvanse from Shire Labs and I am doing so much better in school and work that I cannot believe how good my life is and how positive I look on every aspect of life in general. I took Adderall and Concerta and all the other ones available in the market but they only gave me rebound side effects during the peak of the drug, plus I felt horrible when it would wear off. Vyvanse is different, because I dont even feel it wear off in the afternoon, is really smooth and makes me concentrate in ways I have not been able since I was a kid, and I am 22 yrs old.

Related Reading: Concerta

Comment from: 7-12 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 19

My son is on this medication and we have seen wonderful results. It took about a week w/ stomach aches and head aches to go away but we worked through this. Most importantly, he is happy with his results at school, and his teacher is very pleased. We have seen great improvements in his attention span and he completes tasks on time. We have also seen less impulsive, immature behavior. It's made a very positive difference in my son's life.

Comment from: ChattyCathy46, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 16

Diagnoses with ADHD at 27. I started on two 50 mg Vyvanse every morning (100 mg/daily) and I went from barely working 40 hours and taking a lunch every day to working 70-80 hours every week. I was producing an unbelievably amount of work, though it continued to go unrecognized at my office (which makes anyone feel good). Side Effects: Where to start... I had a drug interaction within my first month, which resulted in a dramatic visit to the ER, an EKG, MRI, some other acronym tests that were expense and it turned out to be a seizure/nervous system freeze. It was basically like your computer freezing and your mouse icon stops moving but you hear your computer is still on and the monitor is on, but nothing is happening. My fingers and toes curled uncontrollably. My lips and facial muscles were making their own expressions and I couldn't stop any of it. SCARY! (Apparently) I had taken a prescpription strength decongestant with it that makes the two drugs fight for control of the nervous system. But something major to remember: Vyvanse was only officially released in July of last year (07), so even the ER docs and my respiratory specialists had no knowledge of this drug. The OTHER side effects: weight loss is an understatement. It was gradual at first, but after a solid six months on 100 mg, I have dropped 48 lbs. At first, I had paranoia and one or two other minor effects, but I associate them as standard with the controlled substance category. Nearly 10 solid months later, still have the weight off. Irritability was and still is a constant, just depends on how little sleep I got the night before and if I'm driving (which is the worst b/c I live in downtown)! Dry mouth came and went, some days are chattier than others. When I (seldom) don't take it, like a day off when I need to rest & get sleep, I eat a lot. Overall: I can NOT imagine surviving without it now. My nickname isn't "Moody Matilda" anymore, and work & relationships are better. Miracle pill!

Related Reading: seizure | Dry mouth