Vyvanse User Reviews

Vyvanse - User Reviews

Vyvanse User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vyvanse sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Cara, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: March 22

My son, now 11, has been taking this for 2 1/2 years. He is on the 30mg dose and has been since the third week of taking it (he began at 20mg. for 2 weeks and then tried 30mg and stayed at that dosage). I cannot be happier with this medication. My husband and I were very reluctant to medicate our son and feel in general that many boys today are too quickly put on drugs to control boy-behavior. But this was a godsend. His behavior has gone from weekly phone calls from the school to now having his teachers praise his wonderful behavior. His grades were never poor, but now he is effortlessly getting all A's. When he forgot to take it a few weeks ago, he realized it because during class he felt like it was harder to concentrate--since then I never have to remind him in the morning to take it, as he realizes what it does for him! He had a few minor side effects the first week of taking it--he wasn't hungry, although no stomach pain and a mild headache for a few days. Since then though, no side effects at all. His growth remains on the same track it was before beginning this medication, which was a strong worry for us when beginning this medication. This may not be the right medication for everyone, but for my son, it has been a blessing!

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 30

Well I have not used this medication for a long period of time, though i believe this drug is the miracle drug. And that is 100% serious. I have dyslexia, short-term memory loss which resulted in ADHD. My life before this drug was that i could not remember anything, nothing! My school grades have suffered tremendously. I was not organized at all. And i would push off doing homework and studying becuase i didnt feel like doing it. If i did do it, i would take hours just because i didn't work on it all at once. I got completely distracted. The first morning I took this drug was on the day of my first exam. Usually i dont remember my car ride to school ( takes 30 mins to get there) this time however, i could remember it all, even 2 weeks after. It has cured my memory loss. Second, when homework or studying was required, I would do it, and only that. I wanted to do it. plus I understood it and remembered it. I never got off task and if i did i would come right back and focus again. After taking my first dosage of 60mg, It was amazing. I did all my work, studied, paid attention, and felt good! Good sideffects: Focus, remembeing, paying attention, feeling happy, WANTing to work, WANTing to study. Makes you want to do good and finish things. Bad Side effects: Appetite? I felt hungry, but i didnt want to eat. But If you program yourself and tell yourself its the drug than you'll do fine, JUST EAT! Sorta dry mouth but thats not major. I talk to myself alot more... Look All the bad side effects can easily be overcame if you decide to overcome them. Do I sleep? Yeah! Yeah i still felt the drug than, but I listened to chill music, made myself relax and fell asleep great! I believe this is truly a miracle drug. It will make my grades seem like a miracle also :) Try it! It will help you. Although people have different reactions It wont hurt to try it. Only if you need it.Who wouldnt want a drug that makes you:happy, sociable, focused,on task, and determined to finish thing

Related Reading: dyslexia

Comment from: Az8368, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 16

I've been on Vyvanse for the past 5 months. All I can say is that it although "everything seems to work", Vyvanse works better for me. Life-changing. I can tell a difference in my everyday life such as: doing tasks, work, reading. There is do sudden "fall" that I have when the medication wears off either! I can multi-task. And although I am an adult, and work for a living, I can imagine how it would effect children at school and at home. I just want to be normal and live a normal life without ADHD getting in the way. I think Vyvanse is helping me accomplish that. I started at 30 mg, and ended up at 50 mg. I noticed a little appetite suppression, but it went away after a little over a week. It wasn't that I couldn't eat, I just didn't feel like I had to. But again, that went away. I have mild anxiety at times and no longer do I feel the effects of that. The medication really does last 12 hours. I know that no one medication can be the right fit for every person, for me Vyvanse works great.

Comment from: Miles S., 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 27

Started at 50 mg given my body mass (210 lbs). At first, had several days of sleeping problems, but eventually that normalized. I have since increased to the 70 mg. Definate decrease in appetite and higher metabolic rate, resulting in loss of weight (now at 194 lbs, which is a nice side effect). It's been 3 weeks on the medication and I feel more focused and less mentally "scattered". The only other significant side effect I have experienced is dry mouth (fairly constantly, even with lots of water- Sugar-free Jolly Ranchers have helped).

Comment from: Nurse with adhd child, 3-6 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 13

I am a nurse with a 6 year old daughter with ADHD. We recently started her on Vyvanse at 30mg a day. On the first day I gave it to her at 7:30 in the a.m. even as early as 2 hours later I could tell a difference in her. She listened to what we told her and was able to sit still! She did complain of belly pain quite a bit but said that root beer helped. So root beer it was. She did not eat much that day and she talked excessively much more that usual. She was great during that whole day but she was still awake at 12 midnight. She finally fell asleep at 3 a.m. and slept until 7:30. It worked so well that I didn't want to stop it but was worried about the side effects. What I did next is not recommended by Shire the company but I checked with her Dr. and pharmacist and they thought this would be fine. I opened the capsule and guesstimated at half of the dose. Which is hard to do because the inside contents are a powdery substance. I mixed half of the powder into some yogurt and gave it to her. The side effects have since gone away and she's only been taking it for 5 days. The teachers say she is a whole different child! She was able to sit still and write 1 and 1/2 pages in her journal. She was proud of that and so was I! Don't give up, give the medicine time and have patience!