Vyvanse User Reviews

Vyvanse - User Reviews

Vyvanse User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Vyvanse sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: HOPE THIS HELPS, 13-18 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 16

I AM 16 AND CURRENTLY TAKING VYVANCE I have been on vyvanse for about 2 1/2 years I had switched from adderal to vyvance due to horrible insomnia.The first day WoW i was calm focused didnt feel like i was tweaked or a zombie.I found classes I used to do poorly in and didnt understand to make some sense I felt like I could do good and I did I was borderline failing every other class on my progress report to all A's and B's.Vyvance is a very effective medicine I didnt know an add med could make such a change Or i should say positive change I wasnt moody I stopped hitting my brother my teachers left good comments to my mom.The best part is I cant feel it stop working with adderal and focalin I could feel it go up and down all throughout the day.The focalin gave me tics throat clearing eye tic and at higher doses my checks would literally move I personally dont like any ritalin methylphenaldate meds I actually get to tired to do my work.Vyvanse does reduce my appitite i would not recomend to someone that is under weight.It is best to eat before or 20-30minutes after you take it so if this side effect is present you will have some food In your system.By far this is the best med ive tried. I am very educated on this medication in particular mostly due to the fact ive been on It since freshman year i am a junior now. I still havent developed a tolerance or a dependence of anykind.If your under ten years old i wouldnt start with anything higher than 30mg It may be overwhelming at first If you havent taken any stimulants before.It is the first pro drug stimulant. I started with 30mg It made a differance. Focused slight appitite loss nothing to bad i was already very skinny at the time bumped it up to 50mg my school work became less boring I became more reasonable and more content.I love to learn but im not a nerd i am me but I can get my work done and still have time to be with my freinds insted of frustrating hours of work i didnt understand.

Related Reading: insomnia | focalin | ritalin

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 04

I have an 11 year old son with ADHD. After reading the other reviews, I am wondering if he is the only one with negative side effects. Mood swings, aggressiveness, loss of appetite, sleeplessness it goes on and on. He is taking the lowest dose of 30mg. When it is working correctly it is great, but 10 minutes later he is angry and aggressive towards me and his siblings. He is doing much better in school so what should I do? Keep him on it for the sake of school? It is really getting hard to manage him.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 09

Listen, Vyvanse is not going to be the same for everyone that takes it. First of all, not every child that is hyper-active has ADHD. I love the people on here that think that just because a medication doesn't work for them, it must not be effective for anyone else. I started taking Vyvanse about two months ago and could tell the difference right away. I am a full-time student and work part-time. I never understood why I never cared about anything or why I couldn't do things like most people could. I believe now that it is something to do with my brain chemistry and not just because I am lazy or unmotivated. I think I felt almost scared to try new things or to give my best, when I always knew that I would lose interest or give up out of frustration. Vyvanse has helped me to regain an interest in playing music, which is what I love to do. I also have an interest in things the way I used to. The side effects are a huge loss of apetite. I have to tell myself to eat. Also it will keep you up at night if you take it too late. I am interested to see how it works after a few months down the road when my body gets used to it. I think it's worth a shot if you have ADD or ADHD. Just because it works good for me or doesn't work for someone else pretty much means nothing. Everyone is different and has different circumstances.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 28

I'm 27 and have add just found out a month ago ,was on adderall 30xr felt great able to focus with low side effects.doc wanted me to try vyvanse 50mg dont know why i did.Like i said felt great on adderall 30xr. WOW!!!! felt ok for the first 2 hrs then felt very very tired and depressed bad angry as heck,didn't even want to be around my 5 and 2 year old. yeah that bad.I figured it needed time to work in my system thought maybe the two were interacting with each other,nope! 5 days later didnt even want to go to work,and i like my job.So i call the pharmacy told them i was on adderall and doc put me on vyvanse and was wandering if i should be feeling that way.He says no that adderall and vyvanse are the same drug (bulls*#t)i felt night and day diffrence.Add. made me feel motivated and wanting to read and work,focused,and completely no stress at all.Vyvanse made me feel horribly depressed and tired,anti social,mad as heck, confused,caught myself daydreaming alot.My friends at work were realy worried about me.I've read online somewhere that it has only been tested on 6-12 year old kids.May be its not for adults or maybe it depends on how your body takes it.I am back on add. but for the first day back on it i felt still like crap but a tad bit better.Second day slight bit crappy but alot better.Third day i felt the focus and my social skills ,motivation,and happieness were back to were they were before getting off adderall.So if you are middle age and on adderall dont switch to vyvanse i warn you now..hope i was of help to all..

Comment from: 7-12 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 07

My eight year old daughter was recently diagnosed after two years of struggle. The past month of her using this medication has been so amazing! She has came leaps and bounds in school and socially. She has matured and gained so much self confidence. The combination of this medication and therapy has been our life savers! She is happy and productive and on her way to a bright future!