Wellbutrin SR User Reviews

Wellbutrin SR - User Reviews

Wellbutrin SR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Wellbutrin SR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 22

I love my Wellbutrin. Originally I was perscribed a twice daily routine but once daily was actually more effective for me. As far as side effects at first it actually decreased my appetite tremendously but that wore off over time. The biggest thing to remember with this drug, or any antidepressant, it takes at least 4 weeks for the effects to really be seen. Also if the depression is being caused by a specific situation the drug is not going to fix or cure that situation. I have clinical depression and this drug has helped balance my body so that I can have a healthy or "normal" range of emotions. I still get mad, sad, and depressed at times because of different situations in my life but because of the med I can cope with them. Overall, the drug is extremely effective but please keep in mind no antidepressant is a "happy" pill that will all of the sudden make you want to go skippy through the fields. If you have a natural chemical imbalance it is extremely effective at helping create a healthy balance with minimal side effects.

Related Reading: Wellbutrin | depression

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 19

I HAVE DEPRESSION AND SOCIAL ANXIETY, SO WHEN I WOULD GO OUT IN PUBLIC I WOULD THINK EVERYONE WAS LOOKING AT ME. SINCE I HAVE STARTED THIS MEDICATION I SEE A GREAT CHANGE IN MYSELF. IT'S EASIER FOR ME TO DO MY DAILY TASKS AND I AM ABLE TO GO OUT AND NOT THINK ALL EYES ARE ON ME. ALSO I SEE A GREAT CHANGE WITH MY KIDS AND HUSBAND. IT HAS MADE HOME LIFE ALOT BETTER FOR ME. I FEEL LIKE A MOTHER, WIFE, AND A WOMAN AGAIN!!! ALSO I HAVE LOST 20LBS ON WELLBUTRIN SO IT HAS BOOSTED MY CONFIDENCE. I WALK WITH MY HEAD UP NOT DOWN!!!!

Related Reading: ANXIETY

Comment from: applefarmer, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 16

Nothing else I have tried has helped my depression like this - not Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Celexa, or Lexapro. And this does not have any side effects that I cannot tolerate. When you first start taking this, if it causes insomnia, shakiness, hand tremors, or nervousness - ask your Dr. to temporarily give you something to help you with these side effects so you can stick it out and stay on it for 6 weeks to see if it helps you. If my Dr. had not given me Ambien for the insomnia and Propranolol for the hand tremors, I would not have stuck with this long enough to tell that it works much better for me than anything else I have tried. Also, it is the only antidepressant that give me the side effect of decreased sexual sensation. Also, it actually greatly increases my libido! The only problem is that it made me constipated and every few yrs I need my dose increased and then the constipation comes back. So if you have this side effect, eat more fiber and drink lots of water and if that is not enough ask your doctor if you can take a stool softener the first month or so you are on Wellbutrin. Your body should adjust after you have been on this for 3-6 weeks and then you should be able to taper off the stool softeners and be fine. PLEASE insist that your doctor tell you how to counter any side effects and try this for 6 wks before you decide whether it is for you. I know 4 people who have been greatly helped by Wellbutrin when no other antidepressants worked or when the other antidepressants had bad side effects.

Related Reading: Prozac | Zoloft | Paxil

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 23

I intend to stay on this medication for the rest of my life...A big piece of advice I have for anyone starting it is to be patient--I had insomnia in the beginning so bad I thought I would quit but decided to stick it out and it went away after a few weeks. My depression has improved immensely-I have no trouble getting out of bed and being motivated for the day. Also a bonus is the return of sexual sensitivity and libido. I had taken Paxil at one time and it totally eliminated sexual feelings. Have also noticed it helps considerably with weight loss. On Paxil I gained a lot of weight. I am on 300 mg. a day and intend to stay on it-please give it a chance if you are having side effects-they are temporary!!

Related Reading: insomnia | sexual

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 26

I had severe fatigue, lack of interest in life, very depressed, sad, lonely feelings. After being on my medication, I gradually became active and began to want to get busy again with housework and life.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: grparadox, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 07

I have been taking this drug for depression for 4 weeks now. Initially, I had uncontrolled crying spells, increased energy, and loss of appetite. Now that it has stablized, I have energy, have lost 20 bls, decreased from 2 packs to 1 pack of smokes a day, have a pretty good feeling of well being, no crying spells, my emotions are in normal range, and I am getting my libido back gradually. I am currently taking 300 mg daily (150 mg x2). I was taking Zoloft with Lithium before. Now I take Lamictal for my bi-polar. A previous review mentioned that no drug is a cure all for depression. I believe that we can manage our depression with medication and therapy. We just have to find the right one that works for us. Never give up hope. Never. What works for some, doesn't necessarily work for all. That is why these forums are here, to help people. Wellbutrin Sr, had some side effects intiially, but like the literature stated that came with my bottle, the doctor thought the effects of the drug out weighed the side effects. I have tried several medications in the past 8 years. At least for me, I was told to give a medication 4-6 weeks to see if it is going to work, unless you are having sever side effects. Obvious side effects aside. Wellbutrin is not the cure all for everyone, but it seems to be working for me pretty well. I have my life back. I can get out of bed in the morning. I want to walk my dogs, exercise, go shopping, eat, and just plain live. Before I did not, and attempted not to. So best wishes to all.

Related Reading: Lamictal | Wellbutrin Sr