Wellbutrin SR User Reviews

Wellbutrin SR - User Reviews

Wellbutrin SR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Wellbutrin SR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: happygirl, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 29

After suffering from depression most of my life, Wellbutrin has been the only drug that really works for me. I was on generic Prozac before this, which made me less sad, but also numb, like a drugged deer. Couldn't even cry. With Wellbutrin I feel great, have appropriate emotions, and have lost 60lbs (along with Weight Watchers). It has also increased my sex drive. Who could ask for more than that. I take 300mg/day and it has changed my life.

Comment from: Regigi, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 08

This is my first time taking an anti-depressant. I take 150mg 2x a day. I noticed an immediate increase in my energy as well as a decrease in my appetite resulting in a 10lb drop in 5 weeks. The negative side effects I have noticed are constipation, strange taste in my mouth, and slight shaking in my hands. I am so happy with this drug it's unbelievable. I have completely eliminated caffeine in my diet as well as naps during the day b/c of the added energy. I never expected to be so happy with the results.

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: Barnzo18, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 25

I've been on Wellbutrin SR for 150mg per day for about a month now. This drug has turned my life around and is working better then I ever thought it would. Before taking the drug I was always tired, lazy, and just really not myself. I know the reasons why I felt like this I had a few pretty horrible personal issues and I just kept dwelling on them. Believe it or not this drug has given me my life back. I will tell you right now your sleeping pattern will change 100%. You will not sleep as well as you normally would but you also don't feel tired because you didn't sleep that well. For example I could sleep 8 hours before the drug now I only sleep 6 but have the energy like I slept 10 and the mood that all is well. THIS IS KEY!!! I HIGHLY SUGGEST you talk to your doctor and have him prescribe you e Klonopin or Xanex. I shouldn't say that but for my situation this drug can cause anxiety because it is a stimulant and every now and then you may need a benzo to calm down. Highly reccomend the combination of Wellbutrin and a benzo if your life is in the dumps at the moment

Related Reading: sleep | Klonopin

Comment from: Lil Irish, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 04

I have been battling depression for my entire life - suicide attempt at 24. I was on tricyclics for a while in my late 20s (horrible side effects), and then the SSRIs (first Lexapro, then Celexa). The Lexapro had NO effect on me. The 20-mg Celexa made me sleep 12-14 hours a day (seriously), gained 7 pound in 1 week (ug), lost my motivation, lost what was left of my sex drive, and made me feel quite drugged. I insisted that my doc let me try Welbutrin. He put me on 75 mg generic Welbutrin SR. I feel fantastic! My energy is back, I am starting to get bursts of happiness, I smile more, my sex drive is creeping back, and I lost a couple pounds without trying. I am SO happy that this drug is around because talk therapy and exercise was not enough for me. Depression is a genetic disorder that causes chemical imbalances in the brain. So you have to keep trying different meds - in my case, it was an imbalance in norepinephrine and dopamine, which is was Welbutrin treats.

Related Reading: suicide | Lexapro | Celexa

Comment from: stokcarr2, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 01

If you suffer from depression AND anxiety, I would recommend taking Wellbutrin along WITH an SSRI (Prozac, Lexapro, Paxil, etc.). If you already have anxiety, Wellbutrin alone will make it worse. I took Wellbutrin for 3 years, and then started experiencing severe anxiety, heart palpitations, jitterness, etc. I went off Wellbutrin and started taking Prozac. The Prozac works, but of course then you have the weight gain and the decreased libido. I read here on WebMD that you can take Wellbutrin along with SSRI's, and it will actually increase your libido and will help control your appetite. I tried the two together, and it works! My sex drive came back within two days (yes, two days!), and my appetite has significantly decreased. I think the combination of the two (Wellbutrin and Prozac) brought me to exactly where I need to be!

Related Reading: palpitations

Comment from: shadylady123, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 03

I have been on this drug for going on two weeks, i have noticed that I am calmer, more focused, happier, i dont stay upset for long, i have energy, dont have to go straight to sleep when i get home, i can get out of bed easier in the morning, this is the first antidepressant that i have taken in my 31 years...and seems to have been what i have been missing. this is not a miracle drug by far...but has helped to balance my emotions, and give me the energy needed...i am able to work out with ease..i did have stomach pain..and weird dreams as well, but had weird dreams before the medication so i can not really say it was the medication...i noticed a change in the first day i took the medication..i am on 100mg...i hopes this helps someone, i am very very satisfied!