Wellbutrin SR User Reviews

Wellbutrin SR - User Reviews

Wellbutrin SR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Wellbutrin SR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: calymadi, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 03

I have been on the generic of this drug for a week now and it has really made a difference. I experienced loss of libido with Lexapro so I talked to my Dr. about changing meds. While I don't know how it has made a difference in my libido, I have found that I have more energy, more focused, happier. I even laugh at myself now. I didn't expect this medicine to work so quickly, but it is almost amazing. The first 3 days I took it only once in the morning and then on the 4th day in the morning and evenings. As far as side affects, the first 2 days felt some initial stomach discomfort, but this has passed. Also when I increased my dose as instructed to twice a day, I noticed that at bedtime I was very awake, but not to the point where I couldn't fall asleep. Also, the first two days of increased dosage I had disturbing dreams, but those two have stopped. Also, I found it has curved my need to smoke meaning I smoke a lot less often. Overall, I am pleased with this medicine and hopes it continues to work this well for me.

Comment from: sdmlink718, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 08

I have suffered from depression and increasing anxiety for a very long time. This is my first attempt with medication and I have had great results. I have been on it for almost three months and I no longer cry everyday! I am able to deal with my stress and I am able to confront issues that I am upset about instead of running away. At first I had more panic attacks and had trouble with dizziness but that wore off after three weeks. Be careful driving for the first few weeks-I had problems with the dizziness and focusing about an hour after taking the pill. I also still have problems with my memory-forgetting important numbers and names. I have noticed that I tend to feel anger and irritability if something is annoying me more so than without the drug. I have lost 11 lbs so far and hope to continue with the weightloss. I have had problems with insomnia but rememdy it with 1 Tylenol PM which helps tremendously. I quit smoking two years ago but now more than ever I can't stand the smell of cigarettes-hope I can get more accustomed to that soon. This drug has improved my life so much-I am a completely new person and I am thankful that I decided to give it a try.

Related Reading: stress | panic attacks | dizziness

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 09

I have been on Wellbutrin for almost 6 years now. I had done Paxil which deaden the sex driven and made me gain weight. St. John wort wasn't strong enough (I think my depression is somewhere above moderate.) Wellbutrin gave me more energy, helped me lose 40 lbs and begin to turn my life around. Six years later I am much better than at any other time in my life. I had no side effects. But if this didn't work for you, please try another - there is something out there that will work for you.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 14

Ive been on this drug for a 3 weeks and 2 days and Im noticing change more and more every day.I have a little more energy every day, Ive cut way back on my smoking, and I have lot more motivation!I have found myself being a litte short with people including strangers but its usually with the people who need to hear it so maybe its just helped me be a little more assertive.I do get cotton mouth but that just encourages me to drink more water.Overall Im happy with the medicine and Im finding myself a lot more eager to get out of bed in the mornings.

Related Reading: smoking

Comment from: dannyboy, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 23

So I myself am taking this medication for depression. I take 150 mg twice a day. I can honestly say that so far it has improved my daily attitude and certainly is helping me deal with my depression. I also have experienced some weight loss, and some constipation. At first this medication gave me cotton mouth as well, but I am into week 3 and that seems to have deteriorated. Even some of my longtime co-workers notice a difference in my attitude. Also I think I myself am trying to change the way I think and this medication only helps me to do that. I sleep better than I did before taking this, and the dreams like other people have said are very vivid. They aren't nightmares but they are easy to recall. Hope this helps for some of you with worries about taking this. May not be for everyone, but so far it has worked well for me.

Related Reading: nightmares

Comment from: bogey5, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 02

Just a little background. I suffered a severe neck injury( 3 surgeries) that rendered me disabled way before my time. Became depressed after I had to resign my job and give up golf and other activities that I loved. I tried several other meds but between the constant pain of my injury and the depression I could barely get out of bed. My Dr. put me on wellbutrin sr 100 mg twice daily at first and it helped for awhile before I fell back into a rut. Then he suggested 100 mg prestiq ALONG with the wellbutrin and everything just clicked. I know that this may be an strange combo but I also know that it has worked wonders for me ! I have proof every morning as my first hour of the day is still brutal until the medication takes hold. I now have the energy and resilience to face each day in a positive manor. A little wordy here but if I can help just one person it's worth the extra typing. I now have a renewed and much needed energy level and feel light years better than I had before.