Wellbutrin SR User Reviews

Wellbutrin SR - User Reviews

Wellbutrin SR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Wellbutrin SR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: KorySail, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 26

My family has noticed a tremendous improvement with my mood and willingness to participate. It has also helped me lose weight, which in turned helped with self-confidence and just an overall good feeling of oneself.

Comment from: wildflower, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 13

I have suffered from depression since 1994 and had been on a variety of SSRI's and TCA's before being tried on Wellbutrin SR 10 years ago. I found the SSRI's and TCA's all had similar side effects with me, some lightening of the depression but I always seemed to have a crash when I was under stress that resulted in hospital admission for worsening depression and either suicidal thinking or an attempt. Initially my dose was titrated up to 300mg per day but I found I became very agitated and anxious at this dose and my doctor and I slowly decreased the dose to 150mg a day about 9 years ago which is the dose I have maintained. I found that I didn't have any crashes on Wellbutrin SR and I didn't feel depressed anymore. However I am a smoker and I never felt the urge to quit smoking or any reduction in my craving for cigarettes. This feeling of well-being continued until March of this year when a fill-in doctor prescribed 150mg a day of Wellbutrin XL instead of Wellbutrin SR. Gradually over the last 3 months I have become more depressed and occasionally have suicidal thoughts. This surprised me when I started feeling this way again as there seemed to be no reason for it until I remembered that the doctor had changed my antidepressant from Wellbutrin SR to Wellbutrin XL. The drug manufacturer indicates that doses of the two drugs are equivalent and switching between them at the same dose should not result in any problems. However, in my case, I feel the dose of Wellbutrin XL would have to be increased to give me the same feeling of well-being that 150mg of Wellbutrin SR gave me. I will be switching back to Wellbutrin SR next week and expect that my feelings of depression will be history. As everyone responds to medication differently, there is no reason to believe that anyone else will experience the same effects that I did. However, it is something to consider if you are switched and find the same dose of Wellbutring XL to be not as effective as the Wellbutrin SR.

Related Reading: Wellbutrin XL

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 06

I was on Zoloft for 2 years before this. I gained 45 pounds on Zoloft. That was horrible for me to go from 110 lbs. to 155 lbs! I swiched to Wellbutrin SR and lost 38 lbs. in a few months. I found for me the Wellbutrin works better, too!

Related Reading: Zoloft

Comment from: smartwater2000, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 23

I have been prescribed this medication as follows: 200 mg. morning, 200 mg. evening. GREAT results. No side effects for me, and still effective nearly 4 years after taking it. Take with an anxiety-related medication and does not conflict. I recommend this to those who want to try something other than Prozac, and some of the other anti-depressent medications out there that do have side effects.

Comment from: SAN KAY, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 22

I WAS FINISHING WITH COLLEGE WHEN MY MOTHER SUDDENLY PASSED AWAY AT 69 YEARS OF AGE. I BECAME VERY DEPRESSED AND FELT I WANTED BE WITH HER. SHE WAS MY BEST FRIEND. I SAW HER EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE AND FOR HER TO BE GONE I WAS USELESS. I FINALLY SAN BY OBGYN AND SHE SUGGESTED WELLBUTRIN AND I HAVE ENJOYED MY LIFE TO THE FULLEST FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS. I NOW AM SUCCESSFUL IN MY JOB AND I SPEND ALL MY FREE TIME WITH MY FAMILY. I LOVE MY LIFE.u

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 21

I was taking paxil before I was prescribed Wellbutrin SR. Paxil made gain alot of weight and I was always tired. Wellbutrin is wonderful it gives me energy as well as helped me lose weight and I no longer crave smoking. This drug is wonderful. I would reccomend it to anyone who is suffering from depression.

Comment from: UHF, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 30

This drug (100 mg of the generic) seemed ok at first but began to make me feel manic and irritable most of the time until I would crash. I also take seroquel (25 mg) which takes some of the edge off the wellbutrin but not enough. I would have fits of rage in which I punched the wall until the skin split on my knuckles. I became a overtalkative nuisance to other people. I began to think they were plotting against me. I suffered from constipation, muscle twitches, seizure symptoms, respiratory problems, dizziness, fatigue, anxiety (there were many occasions where I was afraid to leave the house), and teeth grinding. It got to the point where I had to skip a dose every other day for me to calm down somewhat. My Psychiatrist recently instructed me to ween off the drug and start taking Lexapro. Though its too early to tell how the Lexapro's been working, I've been feeling more like Dr. Jekyll and less like Mr. Hyde lately.

Related Reading: seroquel | seizure | teeth grinding