Wellbutrin XL User Reviews

Wellbutrin XL - User Reviews

Wellbutrin XL User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Wellbutrin XL sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 05

Before this medication I was absolutley a mess. I was crying almost everyday, on my days off from work I would lay on the couch and would not get up all day. I had stopped going out with friends, gained over 30 lbs, and overall just didn't care about anything. I decided it was time to take action and as much as I thought, oh this is a phase and I will snap out of it, I realized I couldn't do it on my own anymore. I started out at 150 mg and yes, there were side effects. I couldn't sleep at night, I lost my appettite (which I didn't mind), I was alot more anxious and kind of trembly, and I was sweating alot more and really thirsty. At first I was like, I can't do this, I work 12 hours a day I need sleep and food and, etc. These side effects lasted for about 2 months. For the sleeping issues I started taking this medication right when I woke up in the morning, about 5:30 am. I noticed that this helped me have more energy through the day and wore off toward the evenings but, still I was only sleeping like 4 hours a night. I started taking Xanax and Ambien, not together and not every night, but this helped alot. I have been on this medication for almost a year now, my doctor upped my dose to 300mg, I am soooo much more motivated, happy, and I have found me again.I have lost over 20 lbs and like I said this medicine gives me energy and the motivation to workout now and care about what I look like. The nervous, anxious, trembling feeling has gone away. I still sweat a little moe than usual and am thirsty but, it is not a major thing to me, I have adjusted. I would really recommend this mediaction to anyone who was having the symptoms of depression like I was. And, those symptoms weren't at certain times in the season or just every once in a while, yes they were worse during winter then summer. I was on a roller coaster of emotions up and down and I needed major help. Give this med. a try, ride out the side effects if you can, it is worth it in the end!!!!

Related Reading: sleep | Xanax | Ambien

Comment from: SunnyRays, 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 08

If there is anyone who knows this drug it's me. I've been on it since it was created. If you want further info you can email me b/c it won't all fit here: roberts.rachela@yahoo.com. This drug works for depression & smoking cessation-no doubt. However, don't expect to be able to stop taking it, in my case, perhaps ever. 5 x's I've stopped. The 1st 3 were due to no insurance & by the 3rd I was 'rationing' pills and splitting them in half. The 4th was an attempt to ween myself and the 5th was w/a Dr.'s assistance that Rx'd another drug to ease me off. I CANNOT BE WITHOUT THIS DRUG. It's a horrendous 'rubber band effect' I call the "crash n burn". It took awhile for me realize that It may be a month or so after it's out of your system to happen, but it will happen, and it will be harsh. I have taken this drug w/little conjunction of other drugs and know that it works to promote an overall sense of well being. BUT there are side effects [for me-everyone is different and thus cannot be expected to have the exact same experience]. For me I do have dry mouth, periodic insomnia, lower sex drive and constipation (the latter 2 were present before, just intensified by the drug). I feel like a Rx junkie, getting low on this drug causes me to panic. I have hoarded it for ins. changes. You win GSK- you now own me. I hope you're happy and proud of yourself. Despite choosing to be happy and not wanting to rely on a chemical to make that be, I no longer can. Perhaps I'm being too harsh on GSK and I truly have a chemical imbalance that will always need to be corrected??? Could be. I just think the warning should be known of how powerful Wellbutrin really is. Is it a miracle drug or the socially acceptable form of crack or smack? I have developed a love/hate relationship with it at this point in my life. I love to take it and fell good and I hate to take it and feel weak for needing it. Straight up depression just blows. Too indescribable to an outsider about how it actually feels.

Related Reading: depression | smoking | dry mouth

Comment from: SereNole, on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 24

This has been the only anti-depressant I've tried that didn't make me feel worse than I did before. Zoloft actually had me contemplating suicide and Effexor had me gaining so much weight I physically felt just as bad as I did mentally. I tried others too before finally trying this one. The biggest plus was that I've LOST weight, cravings were drastically reduced, and my libido wasn't compromised. That was truly wonderful!

Related Reading: Zoloft | suicide | Effexor

Comment from: TA, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 06

I have been taking this drug since July 2006. I was experiencing a major depression episode and I had tried other drugs that made me fill hung over. I noticed a difference within 2 weeks and complete turn around in my emotional state within 6 weeks to 2 mos. I lost weight, my sex drive returned in full force and my level of anxiety about going to sleep decreased. I give this drug A+.

Related Reading: anxiety