Wellbutrin XL User Reviews

Wellbutrin XL - User Reviews

Wellbutrin XL User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Wellbutrin XL sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: SantaBarbaralocal01, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 13

All I can say is I am SO GLAD I did my OWN research and read about the different types of anti-depressants as I was on Cymbalta and gaining weight like CRAZY and didn't feel any more "happy" or whatever. I asked my doctor about Wellbutrin XL as it is different than a lot of the "common" anit depressants because it effects your brain differently. I felt better on Wellburtin in less than 2 weeks. Yes I got a little "bouncy" and "overly excited" but that's why we're taking these drugs right...TO BE HAPPY AND NOT DEPRESSED!!!! I get out more, I enjoy walking my dog more it's not a "chore" as it used to be. I know there's no "magic pill" but for me it's been great and I've been on it ALL from Prozac to Paxil to Zoloft to Prestique to Cymbalta so I think I know what I'm talking about here!!!

Related Reading: Prozac | Paxil

Comment from: oneswtgal, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 15

I recently went through a divorce, I was having issues with anxity and deppresion. I started this drug and it has done wonders! it has helped me to stop smokine, i have lost 30 lbs because I dont want to eat all the time. and it has givin me energy so I have been working out again. I dont dwell on issues any longer like I used to and it has helped me to prioitize what is important. I have more of a level head rather than feeling like every problem was a huge issue. most importanty I laugh again. it has increased my sex drive and I realize the important things in life. I was feeling like being a mother was more of a chore, now I enjoy spending time with my family again. I would recomend this drug to someone that is depressed and or wants to quit smoking. I have had very little side effects. I do get headaches more freakenly but it is much better than what I was feeling prior to being on the drug.

Published: July 22

works wonders. didn't notice a difference, then a few months into treatment i realized alot had changed: i wasn't as moody, sad and depressed, irritable, and i felt more in control of my life. I switched to the generic, but i have lost my sex drive and vomit randomly and sweat alot(not often, but it is annoying when you are out and start sweating and get sick). seems like name-brand wellbutrin is the way to go. I lost more than 20 pounds taking this. Chronic depression runs in the family so my mom switched antidepressants to this drug and she likes it too. try it it might be worth it for you

Comment from: nutty girl, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 19

I have been taking this med for about a month now (i realize that isn't that long, but enough to see the effects) I do feel alot better. Many years ago I took paxil and then effexor for about a year each...and they sucked, between the weight gain and ZERO sex drive, and they didn't help that much, therapy did more for me. But honestly, I feel a lot better on this durg, I am not moody and grouchy, and crying all the time and wanting to bite off everyones head. It also stopped me from smoking...nice bonus. Sex drive is still here...if not even more! It is worth a try...seriously. Oh ya, no weight gain.

Comment from: januarymom, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 02

Typical story...busy mom of 2 fighting mild depression. My "mild" depression includes a general feeling of lethargy, difficulty motivating myself to do simple things, feeling overwhelmed with the thought of completing simple tasks. I was functioning in life but at a lower level. Anyway onto the med review: MD prescribed 100 mg 1x a day and then told to work up to 200 mg 1x a day after a week. First week at 100 mg....tons of headaches, crazy dehydration, wierd flighty feeling, nauseus, lack of appetite. I convinced myself to stick with it at uped my dose. Experienced 4 days of the worst headaches of my life. I had to quit completely b/c I couldn't function. Waited a week and began 100 mg once a day again and this time no headaches, I am sticking with my low dose since it seems to give me the extra lift I need. I don't feel medicated or foggy. The biggest thing to disappear was the feeling of being overwhelmed. I feel like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. As for side effects now...I have a tendency to get dehydrated more quickly when on the meds so I have to really drink alot of water. If I don't hydrate the headaches follow. Initially my appetite completely disappeared. Now it's less but not significantly. This med does seem to reduce cravings in general. I am not a drinker but had a couple drinks (despite my better judgement) on NY's Eve. The next day or 2 I felt like the meds weren't working.....felt lethargic, just down. Definately not worth the drinks of Champagne so I'll abstain 100% for now. I am at a much lower dosage then is prescribed for most people but it works for me. Main con i that I do notice that I can become agitated quicker. I am usually the most laid back person, almost too laid back. So for me it's not a big deal but I wouldn't recommend this med to anyone who has a tendency to anger easily or experiences anxiety.

Related Reading: dehydration

Comment from: bipolarlady, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 04

When I started taking this med, I was sick as a dog and still depressed. Then two months after I started taking it and a bump from 150mg to 300mg. I woke up and I felt better. That dark feeling was gone. Without wellbutrin I would not be here today.I can say that and stand behind it. It also has an side affect that I love; weight loss