Wellbutrin User Reviews

Wellbutrin - User Reviews

Wellbutrin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Wellbutrin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: sissylou71, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 23

I started taking Wellbutrin about 2 months ago for depression and it has definately helped me. I was DESPERATE to keep my marriage intact and to be a better mother. I walked around sad all the time with no desire or motivation for no reason at all. I also seemed angry all the time. At first, I was a little nauseus and a tiny bit dizzy, but the thing that I noticed most was that I was restless at night and my mind RACED and I could NOT shut it down! I didn't sleep much the 1st few nights so the pharamcist reduced my dosage to 150mg per day instead of 300mg (SR, not XL) and I could sleep again, felt less dizzy and less nauseus as the days went by until eventually I felt normal except for the dry mouth that I have 24/7. Recently I noticed after 2 months that it seemed to wane just a little and I felt some anxiety again. I asked the pharmacist about increasing my dosage. He put me on 200 mg per day about 3 days ago and WHAM! The nuaseusness hit full force today and I threw up and felt so dizzy that the room continued to spin and I could not function. I have been drinking a lot of water to flush it out of my system and I feel better now. He is now going to let me try 200mg per day in 2 doses 12 hours apart instead of just one big 200 mg dose all at one time.(I weigh less than 120 lbs so it was a bit much for me) Be patient, if you are taking it for less than a month, stay with it for a little longer, the side effects went away for me. My family members do not know that I am trying this. I noticed that I am much more relaxed and less obsessive about stupid little things and I think more clearly, have more energy, and am a bit more patient with my kids. It helped me to realize how today is important and to enjoy what I have now because life is too short! I still feel anxious at times, but not like I used to be! Also, I am not so negative all the time and critical about others. I hope that it continues to work for me! I wrote a lot in hopes of helping others.

Related Reading: Wellbutrin | depression | sleep

Comment from: SweetLatina30, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 19

Wellbutrin gave me my life back. I had been seeing a therapist for months before I told my real doctor about my depression and he gave me a prescription. I just found myself more confused by therapy, but Wellbutrin allowed me to think clear again. I never needed therapy again. Just make sure you withdraw from it slowly. Itried to just stop and it was hard. When I slowly reduced the dose I was able to get off it okay. My sister took Paxil and stayed hooked on it. It also killed her sex drive and caused her divorce. Her husband cheated on her. I didn't have any problems like that with Wellbutrin and I lost 18 pounds! God bless the people who invented this stuff.

Related Reading: Paxil

Comment from: Thankful2BeHere, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 28

I've been taking Wellbutrin consistently for approximately 8 years now. It was the one and only anti-depressant I was even willing to try based on the possible side-effects. Thankfully, it worked for me because I know many people have to try several different types of meds before they find the right one (or combination) that will work for them. I do recall that it took about six weeks for many of the initial side effects to go away; tingling sensation, bad taste in mouth, mild nausea, insomnia, etc. At the time, I was severely depressed/suicidal and suffered from PTSD as well. The initial bothersome side effects were minor compared to my critical emotional state, so I didn't focus on them too much. I'm glad for that now, because I could've easily decided that the drug wasn't working and found myself getting on the medication roller coaster that many people suffer through. I wouldn't be here if I hadn't taken this drug. The other thing that helped is that I didn't rely on medication alone. At my worst, I was seeing a counselor 2-3 times per week. Eventually, I was able to go on a very light dose (100mg 1xday), just as a preventative measure. That was 6 years ago. No recurrence of depression and I couldn't identify any side effects that are problematic if I tried. Severe, chronic depression runs in my familly and my first onset of this level of clinical depression was when I was just 9 years old, (I'm 45 now). One of my brothers was even younger. The only family members that are not struggling with severe depression are the ones that are on Wellbutrin. One family member changed meds (from Well to many others) because he couldn't deal with the insomnia and he spent the next 4 years spiraling down to the pits of hell. He went back on it 6 months ago and he's doing well. Yeah, I'm a big fan of Wellbutrin and a fortunate one at that. Good luck to those of you just embarking on recovery. My heart really goes out to you.

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 05

I started taking 150mg of Welbutrin a few months ago, at first I was a bit sick did not want to eat and lost some weight, and the side effects slowly tapered. Then my doctor up me to 300mg and I feel like a new person. I do not feel down, it's the exact opposite! Mr sex drive is better and I'm able to handle stress and situations more easily. I look forward to getting up in the morning and taking care of myself,loving myself more and more. (Still looosing weight! And love to workout now.)My family and friends are happy and they cannot beleive the change I made in little time. I got my life, self confidence back, and then some. What can I say, I'm happy :)

Related Reading: stress