Wellbutrin User Reviews

Wellbutrin - User Reviews

Wellbutrin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Wellbutrin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Taximan, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 25

Wellbutrin worked for me on the very 1st day I took it. It totally alleviated my depression until I suffered a death in the family. But before that it made me so happy that people thought I was high. I also like that it gives me a boost of energy. I didn't need much at 1st, only 75 mg a day. Now I take 150mg SR. I only use it on days I need to be active. That's another good thing about it. I can use it as needed. I did try Wellbutrin XL and found them to NOT work. So if you try the XL tabs and it doesn't work, try the SR tabs before you give up.

Related Reading: Wellbutrin XL

Comment from: Susanne, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 18

I have been taking Wellbutrin for about 3 weeks now. I was switched off of Paxil and Zoloft after SERIOUS weight gain was making me depressed (LOL). Anyway, I take it for anxiety/OCD. I am extremely satisfied with the effects of this drug. I have none of the side effects that people mention. To be honest, I have none of the side effects at ALL. The only thing that I notice about this medication verses the others is that I have a little more energy, I don't feel like I am in a fog, and I have lost 4 pounds! I am certainly not going to complain over THOSE side effects. I can see where some people feel that they can't sleep. With that in mind, I started taking my medication FIRST THING IN THE MORNING! By evening, I have no problem sleeping at all. My biggest word of advise to everyone is to remember that statistically, when people are complaining about something, they tell 10 people, but when they are satisfied with something, they tell one or two. Don't allow the reviews to deter you from trying this medication, or any other medication that may help you live a normal life. Try...and try again...until you find the one that works for you. Wellbutrin is certainly the one that works for me. I wish you the best of health!

Related Reading: Zoloft | anxiety

Comment from: B-Ok, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 22

Started on 150mg for a week, then 300mg for most of the 19 months since then. Paxil was my 1st poison, but the mental fog was too much for me. Tried Lexapro and Celexa for relapses, but.. didn't work. They just kept me 'comfortably numb' enough to get on with my life. Wellbutrin, on the other hand, contributed to a positive change in my outlook. I'm about to finish a graduate program for a professional degree I used to think was way beyond my capabilities. In addition to the degree, I'm in a fairly stable & supportive relationship (not the abusive, drunken ones of my youth), and have picked up 5K's as a recent hobby. Lost about 30 lbs within the 1st year. My major downfall is remembering to take my meds everyday at the same time. When I do forget, it takes about 48 hours for the creepy crawling feelings to start clouding my mind, and those are hard for me to shake off. About 4 months ago, I was struggling with my need to take antidepressants, and convinced myself that I could do just fine without any help from therapy + meds. Needless to say, I had a major meltdown within days that took 2 1/2 months of work to finally get ahead. Now, 5 weeks back on generic bupropion, I'm realizing the benefits I was afforded with this treatment - alert, focused, driven, confident - I felt more like the person I want to be, plus I have a healthy sex drive. Also, I never, ever want to go through withdrawal again, so I'm declining a recent Rx for Pristiq and all SSRI/SNRIs for as long as possible. I take 2 x 150mg pills everyday before 12pm, to take advantage of the elevated mood + energy boost and ability to really sleep afterwards. I still have my low moments, but I do recover with learned techniques & support.

Related Reading: Lexapro | Celexa | antidepressants

Comment from: msp, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 28

I've been on this med for three weeks now, and it's already helped me. I am sleeping on a normal schedule, I'm less panicky and obsessive, and am having fewer depressive thoughts. I feel like it's given me my life back. Previously, I had taken Zoloft, which made me feel spaced-out and took away my libido. Wellbutrin has helped with my depression without taking away any of the good stuff. I've had some side effects-- nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, and restlessness/aggression/sleeplessness for the first few days, but it wasn't anything I couldn't live with, and most of it has passed by now. Of course, no one med is perfect for everyone, but this one seems to be working for me.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 04

This has been a miracle drug for me. No other antidepressants made a difference. I forgot what it felt like to feel happy and normal until I went on the right dosage of Wellbutrin. Depression is GONE! More energy than ever. Working full time and taking care of kids and a house is no longer a problem. I lost 20 lbs in 4 months and have kept it off for a year. Just finished a half marathon and I'm training for a full marathon. After years of being a somewhat lazy underachiever, I feel like I am finally becoming the person I was meant to be at 40 years old.