Wellbutrin User Reviews

Wellbutrin - User Reviews

Wellbutrin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Wellbutrin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 31

Wellbutrin is the best thing that has happened to my life. My first 3 weeks were awful. They made me sick and cloudy, confused. But it has been 6 months now and I feel amazing. I can't remember the last time I had a bad day(I do have a stressful life). I have been depressed for many long years and nothing has ever worked for me, until now with Wellbutrin. I finally feel like myself. Depression runs in my life. I told my mother and sister about my remarkable transformation and they are both taking it with astounding result. I honestly and truly recommend Wellbutrin.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 30

Started out with 125mg twice a day for the first couple of months. That changed the 3rd month to one 300mg pill a day. I have taken this drug for almost 2 years now. I no longer feel depressed as I did. I was on the verge of suicide and couldn't look at myself in the mirror. That isn't a problem at all anymore. I smile all the time! co-workers and family have seen the difference. I lost +70 in the year after the first 6 months and I'm still dropping. I no longer fear going into public and I love doing active things again. Have had no negative reactions to taking this drug.

Related Reading: suicide

Comment from: dq92506, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 20

Still a little unfocused..my MD prescribed for depression and ADD. My moods are much better, don't feel like crying for no reason anymore. Lost 20 lbs so far too. Better outlook made it easier to exercise, plus the meds decrease my appetite.

Comment from: Happy camper, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: March 31

It has changed my life.I now have enough energy to throughout the day.Before I was dragging myself around and had to force myself to do anything. Yes, I too had irebility and little dizzy in the beginning but it mostly went away. I still have dry mouth but I can live with that. I also lost 30 pounds and it gives you the motivation to start exercising and living a more healthier and active life.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 26

I'm laughing at the other "reviews". People: take the medication exactly as prescribed. If the side effects are too strong, tell the dr., but just because you get certain side effects at certain dosages, doesn't mean it doesn't work. This has been great for me! I was taking prozac before for YEARS. I have been taking Wellbutrin now for about 1-1/2 years. Don't review it if it's been 2 days or 2 weeks!! I've never known an anti-depressant that works that soon. Obviously, the major things you should report to your dr and maybe the dose needs to be decreased. I know, been there, done that. This decreased my apetite (I gained with prozac) and improved the sex drive (great for my marriage). I felt mental clarity and I felt like "me" which I hadn't felt in years. One of my first reactions was, "Man! I missed myself." I have so much more energy (which as you know with depression is horrible). My dr initially recommended that I work my way up to 4 a day (2 am, 2pm), but that was too much and I felt some of the things others have described (suicidal thoughts-never felt that before this). I didn't like the two doses a day. I'm only taking one and it's okay. My drs told me what symptoms I may feel and were great about following up. Yes dry mouth and funny taste, but I didn't jet the "jitteriness" that they said I might. Do a "google" search for it, there's a website where people review this after more than 2 days of taking it...lol :)

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 08

I recommend this medication to everyone with depression and/or anxiety. Very effective, and you will not gain weight. It it very important to avoid or minimize caffeine while taking this medication. I noticed a worsening in my condition when I had too much caffeine as the medication is stimulating.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 31

I take Wellbutrin XL 300 mg. It counteracts the negative sexual and tired effects of lexapro, which I take 10 mg of. I think Wellbutrin is best as a supplement to an SSRI, especially if you have anxiety issues. I tried it alone and started getting panic attacks again. Also, wellbutrin gives me back sex drive and energy...I feel it complements lexapro nicely, and they have worked together for about a year for me for depression and anxiety.

Related Reading: panic attacks

Comment from: Lids, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 08

I tried Paxil and the sexual side effects were unbearable. I've been taking 300mg of Wellbutrin XL daily and couldn't be more satisfied with the results. I am less depressed, my obsessive thoughts have dramatically subsided and I have a better outlook on life. My wife is also ecstatic about the changes this drug has brought about in my mood and demeanor.