Xalatan User Reviews

Xalatan - User Reviews

Xalatan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xalatan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Fringefighter, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 26

Xalatan decreased my ocular pressure from 31 to 15. That's the great part. I had a strange pain that radiates from the center of my chest to the left side. The effect was bothersome while trying to go to sleep. I take the drops before I go to bed. My doctor told me to stop taking the drops for a week and see if the effect stops. the effect has stopped. I also had the effect of a strange almost flu like symptom with out getting sick. It's a shame because the drug works. I will have to try something else. Please do not stop taking your drops without talking to your Dr. first.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 21

So many side affects for me I felt like I was losing what sight I have left. Pay attention to what your body is saying to you! Upon getting RX was told there were virtually no side affects to this medication. I trusted the Dr. and started and continued to use for 4-5 months. Noticed several changes over the months but didn't contribute to medication at first. Finally when I was so sensitive to light it felt like I was trying to focus through wax paper I stopped using and all symptoms disappeared within days. Eyes still somewhat sensitive to light but continue to improve. Dr. had told me to stay on them but I refused to. I'm feeling much better and my sight is getting back to "normal" for me.

Comment from: xalatan, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 20

side effects chest pain,dizziness.pains in legs,sickness. Feeling nauseous

Related Reading: chest pain

Comment from: Ms. Quinlan, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 09

After 2 months of using drugs, I had inflamation and pain every joint in my body.

Comment from: Di, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 11

This drug caused severe joint and muscle pain anywhere there was inflammation in my body. This a prostaglandin, a substance known to cause inflammation and pain normally in the body. DO NOT USE THIS DRUG!

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 23

Xalatan has reduced pressure....but the side affects are extreme.I use them at bedtime and wake up with my eyelids glued shut,have extreme irritation and redness.I feel like I have sand in my eyes and worst of all my vision is so blurry I can't see to drive.My Dr. says I should stop complaining and be grateful that I have a drop that works.I am grateful !!! Thanks for letting me vent...best wishes to all

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 16

When traveling keeping the medication cold is very difficult. Especially with overseas travel.

Comment from: Nick, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 22

I was using Lumigan before and it was quiet effecive in decreasing my eye pressure but after three years my doctor told me that Lumigan and Xalatan are very much same and I need to use xalatan to avoid side effects of Lumigan. I found that Xalatan is giving me bad headache when I get up in morning. I also found out that my blood pressure remains elevated. I will discuss this issues with my doctor on my next visit.

Related Reading: Lumigan | headache

Comment from: donnadancerdonna, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 01

Women beware -I used Travatan (sister drug) for 3 weeks and found black hairs growing all over my face. Also my regular hair color is light brown, and found far longer hair on my fingers and arms/brown. The literature mentioned longer eye lashes would result from this drug, but I never expected this result. After much electrolysis and laser hair removal, I am getting back to normal. Just be advised - I wish I had been. Perhaps the drug manufacturer could revise this as a hair growth product!

Related Reading: Travatan

Comment from: CindyAtHome2007@cs.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 21

Although this drug is non-painful and easy to use, it does have side effects such as discoloration of your eyelids to a dark pink and it does cause eyelash growth. For me, this worsens a condition I have already with embedded eyelashes due to scar tissue on my eyelids from 30 years of battling this dreadful eye disease with caustic glaucoma drops. Also, the manufacturers of this drug only give you a small amount. If you are blind in one eye (like myself due to glaucoma), we don't always get the drop in the eye each time. I wish they would stop measuring the amounts out to the single drop dosage of 30 drops per month. Ridiculous!

Related Reading: glaucoma

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.