Xalatan User Reviews

Xalatan - User Reviews

Xalatan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xalatan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: atswank, 55-64 (Patient) Published: November 13

Within a few months of using this medicine, I started experiencing flu like symptoms. Think of the worst flu shakes you've ever had and triple that. I noticed it only happened at night after I used the drops and it lasted only 4 to 5 hours. I now take an allergy med once a day and have not had this side effect since I started taking it. My eye doctor said he had never heard of this, but my GP doctor felt I had a legitimate claim.

Related Reading: allergy

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 16

Small bottle dispenses medication in large drops sometimes and sometimes very little. Too expensive to waste! Does an excellent job of controlling eye pressure!

Comment from: Jaxx - 67, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 18

This medication is sooo... expensive. Fear of losing my eyesight is why I use this medication. How soon will a generic be available?

Comment from: Just Me, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 30

The literature & docs don't tell all the nasty details about side-effects for Xalatan & latanoprost. In a nutshell, some are: red, itchy eyes & lids; "greasy" feeling to eyes & eye area; pimples/acne; increased anxiety; hair loss; cholesterol deposits around lids/orbital area; blurry vision; "raccoon-eyes"--darkening around eyes & lids, chest pain, and more. Also, the bottle is very small and it is very hard to squeeze a full drop out of it.

Related Reading: acne | anxiety | hair loss

Comment from: carol297@epix.net, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 14

WOW, after reading other's comments, I now think I know why I have such horrendous headaches..........and joint pain -- who knew?? These reviews are what people need to read when taking any drugs !! I had great success with the drug dropping my pressure from 21/19 (borderline) to 13/13 BUT I don't know that I will keep taking if this is what's causing my pain. I'll call dr asap. Without reading these, I would NEVER have put 2 and 2 together. I take anti-inflammatory drugs and just couldn't figure out where this pain in my lower neck was coming from all of a sudden. But it makes since because I get the pain first thing when I wake up and it gets better as the day goes on. I'm feeling fine tonight so think I'll skip it just one night and then see if the pain is there in the morning. AND THE EXPENSE !! I've been told Tolmoptic works just as well and is much cheaper per my pharmacist..........told my eye dr this but "yada yada yada", "new drugs" are always best !! Well, if I'm taking it because it is borderline AND the other drug that has caused the Glaucoma may be stopped, I think I need to check further into other drugs !!

Comment from: QuickRick, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 03

Started Xalatan 2 days before going to Orlando - what a disaster. I have arthritis in my hips. The ache was incredible. At first I didn't realize it could be the eye drops. After about a week I stopped taking them (found out from my sister that joint pain was one of the side effects). Two days later I was fine. My wife is still angry that we didn't get to see any of the attractions. Now have new doctor who said it wasn't very effective anyhow (24/24 to 21/21). Now taking Alphagan P for about a week, so far so good. Also Note THIS: My sister's prescription from 2004 says it aggravates joint pain. Her current 2009 prescription has NO MENTION of the joint pain issue!

Related Reading: arthritis

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.