Xanax XR User Reviews

Xanax XR - User Reviews

Xanax XR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xanax XR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: lissa_0270, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 27

I have been on xanax for 12 yrs. I was put on the XR 3mg, about 1yr ago. I feel relaxed and not so stressed, no more ups & downs!! I would definatly recommend this to anyone that is on the Reg xanax to try (The XR does not have the same effect of calming down in 15mins,Your calm ALL day.) But I still have trouble sleeping!? Just a night owl I guess. I hope this was helpfull.

Related Reading: xanax

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 04

I was miserable before I took this medicine. I was always a nervous wreck. I tried so many other meds before this to help with my anxiety, but none of them helped. I was worried about the addictive aspect, so I asked for the time release version. I don't have panic attacks, I don't worry all the time, I don't pick at my thumbs and lips anymore, I don't avoid driving certain roads to avoid certain turns...anyone who has a panic disorder knows what I'm talking about. My life is normal again.

Related Reading: anxiety | panic attacks

Comment from: Leisa, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 20

I have a terrible time with anexiety and panic attacks. This drug has changed my life. I can attend social gatherings. My husband couldn't believe the difference in me once I started using this medication.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 29

I was diagnosed with severe anxiety a couple months ago. I tried buspar and zoloft and both gave me horrible side effects. I loved Xanax but hated how sleepy it made me. My doctor prescribed Xanax XR and it has worked great. I can concentrate throughout the day, I don't constantly worry anymore, I feel much more like the way I did before my panic attacks.

Related Reading: buspar | zoloft | Xanax XR

Comment from: happy, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 31

this drug is great.. i used to be a nervous wreck at work or pretty much anywhere i went... this is the first drug i took for anxiety and i have no bad side effects.. im soo happy to finally feel like a normal person again

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 01

I have been suffering from an anxiety and panic disorder for several years. I have tried every medicine you can imagine, but most were more centered around depression. Since I have begun taking this medicine, along with Buspar, I am feeling so much better! I have been a little drowsy between the two, but I've been told that will go away as my body adjusts. I would highly recommend this to anyone having these same issues, and if the price is an issue, go for generic! It is practically the same thing, and while it will still put a dent in your wallet, it definitely won't be as big of a cost to you. Hope this helps someone.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: bessvann, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 13

I have been suffering, and I mean suffering, from panic attacks for the past several months. I have never had this condition before. I was placed on Xanax XR about a week ago, but I am afraid to take it at work as I have to be on my feet and interacting with the public (ugh) 8-10 hours per day. Any suggestions or warnings?

Comment from: girl87, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 12

I was diagnosed with a panic/anxiety disorder approximately 8 yrs ago. I have tried every type of drug possible to calm me down & nothing worked. Finally, after seeing a psychiatrist he prescribed the regular xanax 1.0mg (3 per day). As, a worry wart that I am, I refused to take 3 a day for the fear of dependancy. I would only take 1 per day & at the most 1 1/2 per day, which did help with the calming. Then about 3 months ago he decided to try the xanax xr 3mg per day. After a week of that, I found I was so sleepy! I went from climbing the walls to sleeping all the time. The dose was way to much for me. So, after the 1st month he lowered it to 2mg per day & so far it has been much better. As we all know these kind of meds can become addictive & that was just another thing I had to worry about, but I finally tried to use the power of my mind to NOT let myself get addicted to them, and I also look at it this way. If I can live close to a somewhat normal life again instead of being a figity hermit, then I am all for it. So far I can say that I am not 100% my normal self, but this is the closest I have been to it in the last 8yrs! I would definetly try it, if you got anxiety & don't worry about the addictiveness. If you got a good dr. that will watch you closely & that you are not abusing them, I think you will be fine! Life is to short to not enjoy it like you once did, so I say give it a shot & try it. If someone would've told me they had panic/anxiety attks 10+ yrs ago, I would've thought they were crazy! Trust me, they are scarey, they are very real, & I don't wish them on anyone. But, I am VERY thankful that I have finally found something to take the edge off!!