Xanax XR User Reviews

Xanax XR - User Reviews

Xanax XR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xanax XR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: deegirl, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 29

I use xanax .05 only when necessary and I find that it really works...about the only thing that does...I've taken celexa and then lexapro and they weren't that effective for panic...unless you take a moderate to high dose and who can afford to be sleeping all the time and deal with the side effects....I chose to get off the antidepressants and try diet, vitamin therapy and exercise for my disorder..hopefully this will work..

Related Reading: celexa | lexapro | antidepressants

Comment from: buddyboy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 20

With the XR I don't have the coming down periods that I had while using the regular xanax. I did use the .05 and the 1mg reg tablets and the XR works so much better.

Comment from: Wulfbringer, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 19

I have been using the 2mg XR for anxiety/panic attacks for almost 4 years now. I am greatful for this drug; I feel comfortable in large crowds unlike before. I feel like I am relaxed throughout the day, and don't worry as much as before I started taking this drug. There have been a few times when my script has lapsed before my regular doctor's visit, and just for the few days of not taking it I haven't really experienced any serious side effects. I used to grind my teeth at night and constantly waking up through the night with my fists clinched up, or just not being able to sleep at all. Overall, I feel great, not always feeling anxious or panicing about the daily grind at work. I work in a restuarant, and was always getting stressed very easily. This drug has turned my life around for me. I also suffer from chronic migraines triggered by stress, this has also helped keep my stress level down to help prevent the frequency of those migraines. As with any drug, this is not for everyone. It works for me.

Related Reading: sleep | stress

Comment from: rusty1, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 31

Don't start on xanax xr it is too hard to get off of. I have been on it for 12 years, yes it helped my panic attacks but I am in a fog everyday and now I am going to detox to get off of it. It's only a temp fix. Find another nonaddictive drug. Psychiatrist love it, Psycologist hate it. Go figure?

Comment from: hopefullyhelpful, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 16

I suffer from Panic Attacks. Been taking Xanax 3xr for 2 years. And boy it helps. I read on another post that a woman pays 600.00 for a script. I pay 56.00 for 30 days supply. I went online and checked out discount drug cards. I found one that is called The PCD card. IF i did not pay 56.00 it would cost me 157.00. This is Genetic but works the same. My suggest is to surf the net for presciption discount cards. I pay nothing for the use of the card and got it free.

Comment from: ebodnam, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 25

This drug has been a miracle for me. I have one of those minds that never "shuts off" or allows me to fully relax to sleep restfully. I take one 3XR per day after dinner, so that it has sufficient time to enter my bloodstream before bed. I can now fall asleep and stay asleep every night. My quality of like is so much better! Previously, my doctor tried other anti-anxiety medications, anti-depressants and even sleeping pills. Nothing has ever even been able to tough the rsult I have had from using Xanax, And I have had no ill side effects, either.

Comment from: glenn, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 29

10 years of extreme anxiety, trying just about everything, and so far this medication seems to be working best. No more attacks every single day :)

Comment from: L.Sands, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 22

Xanax XR saved my life. I can now function during the day without anxiety attacks. I enjoy life.

Comment from: Tony Michael, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 26

The only med that stops my panic attacks cold. The XR lasts about 16 hours not 24 hours for me, so I do twice or thrice dosing during the day at 0.5mg to 1.0mg. Xanax is a life saver for killing panic. Have used for over 5 years. Generic is now available. But all meds have their side effects, mainly sleepiness, and seems impossible to get off of if you have full blown panic disorder like me.