Xanax XR User Reviews

Xanax XR - User Reviews

Xanax XR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xanax XR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jeajea, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 22

I have been taking regular Xanax 0.05 mgs 2x a day for 3 years and just started to have panic and anxiety again. Dr. prescribed me Xanax XR and this is my first day on it. I am so sleepy, I can hardly keep my eyes open. Can anyone tell me if this will wear off over time? I would rather be sleepy than panicy but I need to know if this will wear off in time? Any help out there?

Comment from: kjsmarley07, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 16

I have been on Xanax XR 2mg for about 3 years now. I worked my way up to this dosage during the 2 years prior. I had tried almost every medicine available, all with terrible side effects. (Effexor made me incredibly sick and nauseated, Zoloft made me suffer from severe insomnia, etc). This has been the only medication that has worked for me. Like a few other pts on here, I was suffering from terrifying panic attacks that would come out of nowhere and was having one everytime I'd drive. I became a hermit. I am concerned about weening off of it when I decide to have children, but I believe it's worth it. No more panic attacks! I also do not drink, so I have no problems with it making me feel dizzy or "out of it". If you take this Rx as directed, you will not abuse it. It's a great medication, so I would not focus too much on the reputation. Take it as directed and it works wonders, giving a more free, fulfilling life.

Related Reading: Effexor | insomnia

Comment from: Caringz, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 23

It helps with severs anxiety, but I don,t like the side effects. Weight gain, horrible nightmares, depression and constant thought of death.

Related Reading: nightmares

Comment from: Milo, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 23

I have generalized anxiety disorder and have been on benzodiazepine therapy for 25 years now. What I like about Xanax XR compared to some other drugs in this class is that it stays in the system, continuously working all day, so I don't have to worry about taking my next dose on time, for example if I'm stuck on a delayed flight. The downside is that since I have been on these medications for so long, my psychiatrist (a specialist in psycho-pharmacology) has told me I will need to take this for life. That's fine with me; I look at it just like medication for diabetes or high blood pressure. Anyway, that would be the case with any benzodiazepine. I'm functioning well and sleeping well, taking 4-5 mg. per day for several years now.

Related Reading: diabetes | high blood pressure

Comment from: Msanxniety1960, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 27

I only took it for 1 day and im afraid to take it anymore,,it made me so drugged out and very dizzy.I was on regular xanax off and on for 17 years and now back on it for 2 months..dr added this xr kind and like i said i was bad this whole day....dont know if its because he has me on both..any ideas

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 01

Works very well and is long lasting. I do not experience the drowsy effects that i got form regular xanax.

Comment from: jszafr, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 18

I have been prescribed the regular xanex 8mg a day and also a few 2mg xanex xr a day at a different time and the xr version seemed to help me out a lot more than regular xanex just cause it stayed in my system longer and I dont have to take as many pills. I suffer from a panic/anxiety disorder and epilepsy and the xr def. works better than the fast acting xanex.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 08

I have struggled with anxiety disorder for years. I took regular Xanax and would have ups and downs. Xanax XR has helped me tremendously. I am calm all day and am able to function and be more social.