Xanax User Reviews

Xanax - User Reviews

Xanax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xanax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Tara, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 18

I take Xanax only as needed for Panic Attacks. It helps to know that I only have to "hang on" for 15 minutes or so and then it will kick in and work well. I am thrilled with it and don't know what I would do if it wasn't available.

Related Reading: Xanax | Panic Attacks

Comment from: Relieved, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 13

These reviews helped as much as the medication! I'm so happy to not feel alone anymore. Panic attacks are frightening and the 'fixation' on one aspect, such as breathing, heartbeat, etc. really adds to the problem. I also find I get scared that I will always be 'that way' (stuck in an attack that will never end)...possibly losing my mind. It is horrible. I started by taking 1/2 of a .25mg and in less than ten minutes...relief! I use it as needed, but for some reason am reluctant, if not outright afraid, to ask my doctor for/about daily treatment to keep a more calm level daily instead of reacting when something happens. I guess its the stigma, feeling less like the 'strong' adult male I should be and feeling more 'weak' and not able to handle life like a normal person. I also worry, what if it doesn't work? Sometimes during the attack I am afraid to take it because what would I do if it didn't work? That's where the 'stuck there forever' anxiety comes from I believe. One good thing about this medication is how fast it works. I know what I am going to write next might be part of a psychological placebo effect, but, as soon as I take that little half pill, the panic attack lessens. I mean instantly. And the thought of having them in the cabinet alone sometimes helps. I tell myself 'well, I'll just take a pill' and sometimes I feel good enough just with that thought that I don't need it right at that time, if at all. I keep two in my wallet and two in the car - and I laugh at myself over that, but, it helps. If you are reading this, I hope it helped. Stay healthy, keep positive and use your faith in whatever form it may take. Oh, and take the pill already!

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 03

There is such a stigma attached with these types of drugs but for those of us who truly use it for its intended purpose it is a God send.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 05

I have been on this for 17 years. To me it is a miracle drug. I had attacks come up for one reason; walkinging, playing sports, working in the yard and any other physical activities...none that should cause stress or anxiety. It is a hereditary issue and my daughter has the same thing. Been on the same dose for all 17 years with NO side affects. People that don't have this condition and think bad things about Xanax must get educated on this terrible condition. Leading a very normal life!

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: marina, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 05

Everything went great, until I ended up being uninsured and not able financially to continue the treatment. Though I was only on 0.5 mg twice a day, I ended up in the ER after not taking the meds for 5 days. It was the most frightening experience in my life. I thought I was going to die.....Working in the medical field I NEVER expected such small dosage would cause such serious withdrawals when not taking the medicine... Everybody please be aware and do not stop taking Xanax abruptly, for whatever reason...... CAUTION!!!!!!!!

Comment from: nancy neptune, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 03

I have had panic disorder for 18 years. Before there was Xanax, I was put on some very dreadful MAO inhibitors that made me unwell and did nothing. Less than a year later Xanax came out and it was a miracle. No more extreme fear and no more anorexia. I had attacks all day long so bad that I couldn't eat. I thought I had Pheochromocytosis, a bad disease of the adrenal glands. I was given a bunch of tests to make sure I didn't. I would not be alive today without Xanax, it has stopped the attacks and I've been on the same dosage for 15 years. .50 2x's a day. For all you people who keep harping on the fear of addiction, just stop it. You need it or you wouldn't be on it. Would you be worried that if you had to take blood pressure meds the rest of your life you'd be addicted? In a sense you are, you'd be taking a risk to stop them, and you need them. So stop pulling your hair out about being a drug addict, you're not.

Related Reading: anorexia

Comment from: JK, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 17

When they say do not stop taking this medication suddenly if you've been on it for an extended period of time, I'm here luckily to tell you it's no joke. Be very careful. Although the benefits are tremendous, make sure to do your due diligence and research this medication. I was just released from the hospital last week. I ran out of my script early and couldn't get a refill for 10 days. I figured I would tough it out, but after taking 3mg a day my battle didn't last long and before I knew it I could barely move any muscle in my body, let alone speak. I thought I was going to die and to be honest the Doctors in the ER were quite concerned. Good luck and please be very careful. Watch your dosage and use!