Xanax User Reviews

Xanax - User Reviews

Xanax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xanax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: tessalulu, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 30

This is the only pill that helps me sleep all night and not wake up feeling foggy headed. I have tried ambien, ambien cr, lunesta and sonata before and none of them have worked.

Related Reading: sleep | ambien | ambien cr

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 30

This medication has worked wonders in my life over the last three years, unfortunately, there are some social stigmas attatched when taking a controlled substance and I have found that even some pharmacists like to treat you like a "pill head" even though I take it for legitimate reasons. Because of this, I have found it hard to be honest with my Dr. about my tolerance building up because I don't want him to get the same impression. Other than that, I would say that, in the correct dosage, this medication is very effective in treating both minor and severe panic. I regained control of my life and my ability to be a patient mother, I CAN SLEEP, I can have one thought at a time (which allows me to get things accomplished). Overall, I love this medication and my only complaint is that I feel like I'm not allowed to say that without being an "addict."

Comment from: Mike, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 23

Im 31 and have been living with Anxiety and Panic attacks since I was 19. Ive tried the Wellbutrins and Zolofts over the years but the side effects were brutal. I have a VERY stressful and high end/demanding sales job with many face to face meetings and presentations. I almost lost my job because I would start having a panic attack in the middle of meetings. My DR. gave me a RX for .25's a few years ago. I took them and they helped, but stopped because everyone told me I would get dependent on them. DONT listen to other people, everyone is different and everyone has different tolerances and addictive personalities. This is the ONLY RX ive tried that doesn't make you feel "drugged" and you can actually function normally. Ive never felt like ive been addicted to them and it is comforting to know I have them when I need them. Point blank they work, dont increase your own dosage and dont drink with them...if you get anxiety attacks or panic attacks, and you feel like you cant even walk into a restraurant, Xanax can help you....and they work quick and last a good amount of time. I believe people who get addicted to them increase there own dosage or abuse them. If you think they have stopped working, unless your a DR., go see one!! If your DR. was understanding enough to prescribe them to you, he/she will listen and help. I hope this has helped others out there with the horrible disease...most of all never give up and think positive. Your not alone, there are more of us out there than you think!!!

Comment from: GHI, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 18

I TAKE A 2 MG. EACH NIGHT AT BED TIME TO HELP ME SLEEP. I TRIED ALOT OF OTHER SLEEP AIDS BUT NOTHING WORKED. THIS IS THE ONLY DRUG THAT WORK'S FOR ME. I DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG FOR ANY OTHER REASON AND WOULD NEVER TAKE IT DURING THE DAYTIME, ONLY WHEN I'M READY FOR SLEEP AT BEDTIME.

Comment from: Crowliz, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 31

Panic Disorder runs in the family (father, grandmother) and I've been on Xanax for 30 years - 3 mg a day. Has stopped the attacks and 1 mg 3x day is the dosage I got to with the help of a psychiatrist. Anything less doesn't work. GPs don't seem to understand Panic Disorder, so see a psychiatrist who specializes in it. One interesting note is that the generic does not work for me. I also tried various group therapy etc, deep breathing, alternate nostril breathing, distraction - but it didn't work. Was having 3 attacks a day and couldn't drive. Xanax is a life saver for me.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 18

Anxiety is a daily thing for me and I can take a low dose and it helps within 20 minutes.

Comment from: Ivonne, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 19

After I had my baby, one month later I went to my doctor because of panic attacks, couldnt sleep, he prescribed Paxil. I put my faith on it that I would get better, especially having a two month old baby that depended on me. 2 weeks later after the doctor said it should start working I was prescribed different types of medications that varied. I fell in bed three months with a deep depression, no sleep, my husband brought me to my mother's house to care for my child and myself. With my Mothers help along with my husbands I visited a doctor who prescribed Xanax 1.0mg three times a day and I'll never forget the day that I finally hugged my son, carried him and caught a good night sleep. After five months later, I could finally go outside and play with my son and enjoy the daylight, I came back as myself never forgot the doctor visit, and thanks to this medicine and God, im here today telling my story. My previous doctors were just using me as a lab rat. The doctor I visited after my 3 month ordeal saved my life.

Related Reading: Paxil | depression