Xanax User Reviews

Xanax - User Reviews

Xanax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xanax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: happynow, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 10

When I was 50 years old I started having severe panic disorder which basically paralyzed me. Any disruption of my regular schedule prompted an attack. My doctor prescribed Xanax which immediately helped. However, I was hospitalized with severe depression and the doctors there thought the Xanax was the cause so they "weaned" me off in a week's time. After trying every antipressant known to man, I refused to take anything that made me feel like a zombie. With counseling my depression was cured, but I started the panic attacks again and was again given Xanax. It wasn't until I changed doctors in 1998 that I was offered Citalopram 20mg (to take at night because it made me sleepy), that I became like myself again. I never laughed or had fun, but after about two weeks I realized that I was actually laughing out loud and just felt my brain was organized if you know what I mean. These two drugs together changed my life. I have highs and lows and emotions, and feel 20 years younger. For those who are scared of addiction, who cares if they help you and if you don't abuse them? That's exactly what my doctor said. I was feeling guilty of taking an addictive drug. So relax, find something that helps you and enjoy life.

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 22

I started taking this drug when my girlfriend of college broke up with me. The campus doctor gave me ativan and before I knew it I was buying xanax off the streets. THIS DRUG IS EXTREMEMLY ADDICTIVE. coming off this drug is the most painful thing ive ever expirenced. if you need to take benzos STAY AWAY FROM XANAX. you will regret it. there is no reason why 2mg bars should be given to anyone. i am day 3 off xanax and this is my 4 time kicking it. i feel like battery acid is running through my viens. do not stop taking this with out weaning off, it's very painful and you will be completley disabled. hope i detered someone from taking this drug

Related Reading: ativan

Comment from: hurts_so_bad, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 18

I have been using xanax for 5 years. I used to only need .5 mg per day. Now I have built a tolerance and need 2 mg per day. My doctors want to put me on an antidepressant again to avoid xanax addiction, but I have sever side effects and withdrawals from antidepressants. Xanax makes me feel normal. I am just disappointed that it's not supposed to be for long term use. I don't know I will do. I feel like I need it every day. It is very effective for anxiety/panic with no side effects

Comment from: Leggomyeggopls2, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 28

I had severe anxiety attacks and type 2 bipolar disorder that made it impossible for me to function normally in daily life. Doctor prescribed Xanax in combination with Zoloft with therapy and regular check-ups with my psychiatrist. I am now able to do everything that I was able to do prior to being diagnosed. The only problem is that Xanax is HIGHLY addictive and my dosage has increased since I started taking it. I finally asked my doctor to stop increasing dosage. I had to learn a healthy way to deal with my anxiety without a "magic pill" . Since learning techniques from therapy, I have decreased my dosage and am doing well.

Related Reading: bipolar disorder | Zoloft

Comment from: geraldbarba@yahoo.com, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 14

I have been using Xanax since 1984. I started with 1 MG. 4 times a day. As I fealt better I reduced the amount to 3 a day, then half a mg. in the am and half in the pm.I have had some bad anxiety off and on over the years and I would increase back to 1 mg. am and 1 mg. pm. Thats has always worked. I have read many reports about haw bad xanax is over a long period of time, but I think everybody is a separate case.