Xeloda User Reviews

Xeloda - User Reviews

Xeloda User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xeloda sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: James W Moore, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 07

Xeloda killed my mother. She died on December 27th, 2007, ten weeks after starting a Xeloda regimen. She was 83, and she was in very good shape before beginning her treatment, in spite of the presence of secondary liver cancer (breast cancer metastasis). The drug destroyed the lining of her digestive system, and allowed a combination of bacterial infections to attack and kill a portion of her small intestine. She was within hours of death when emergency surgery repaired her intestine on 11/24/07. It appeared as though she would recover from her surgery, but she contracted pneumonia while hospitalized, and her system was too weak to fight back. I am heartbroken. I don't want my mother's death to prevent others from seeking proper treatment, but everyone should be aware of the dangers presented by bacterial infections that could cause major damage while this drug is being administered. James W. Moore jim@ed2c.com

Related Reading: Xeloda | liver cancer | breast

Comment from: mobitz911@aol.com, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 26

I am currently on my 79th cycle of Xeloda...have had to interrupt tx. 3 times for very brief periods...my tumor markers range from 23.6 to 33.8

Related Reading: tumor

Comment from: Ddhatton, 55-64 (Patient) Published: August 14

I have been on Xeloda for 3 years. I have the cancer cells in my left lung and spine, hip and left leg bones. Stage 4. Some new growth in the bones but no new growth in the left lung and no fluid build up. I also have the hand and foot symptions and sometimes I can not walk and my hands are so smooth and sore I can't even hold an envelop. Wear gloves most of the time and us a cane. BUT,life does not stop and neither should you. I still travel air, sea and land. And I have lots of praying friends and family. I have also changed my diet. NO SUGAR and very little meat mostly vegatables and fruit, organic if I can. Go till the Lord calls you home.

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: Kim, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 20

Origninally diagnosed with Breast Cancer stage 2 I received the normal chemo but found out 1 year later that it had spread to my liver. After receiving carbo, as an IV chemo it blasted away the left side of the liver and although it saved my life the side affects were awful. Now taking Xeloda 500 mg/day 2 in the am and 2 in the pm, I have quality of life. CA27-29 has dropped but after being on this drug for 5 months the numbers are now holding around 85. Only feet get sore and red, no diahrea, but some muscle soreness. Sure beats the IV chemo. After not working for a year,I have returned to work 2 days a week. It's good to have my life (almost) back! 52 year old female in Vermont.

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: maxbrooks, 75 or over (Patient) Published: October 08

cancer cells have been cut in half, not experiencing any serious side effects like with other chemo treatments

Comment from: lizzie, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 12

I have been taking Xeloda for over 6 months. My side effects began with very much pain in every part of my body. (This may also be the Avastin). I have developed hand-foot syndrome. I've lost all the skin off the bottoms of my feet and I'm now my hands are peeling. IMy feet and hands are very sesitive to anything with a texture. I even have trouble opening a water bottle. sometimes i want to stick my feet in buckets of ice! but most of the time it is bearable. I treat my feet with a layer of pure aloe vera gel and then a layer of Eucerin cream. I tried Udder Cream but my feet were on FIRE! I just recently developed severe eye irritation which I brushed off as bad contacts or pollen in my eyes. I finally went to my eye doctor and he found severe eye irrition and swelling in my cornea. After speaking with a corneal specialist, he determined it was the result of taking Xeloda. I am now using gel eye drops and antibiotic eye drops. In a week or two it should be cleared up. I hope this helps someone who is wondering about Xeloda side effects!

Related Reading: Avastin

Comment from: Anne, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 24

I have taken Xeloda for 15 months. Tumors in hip and neck have not grown and one lymph node in lung has remained the same size. I have hand and foot syndrome and had to take a brief rest to heal, but am very pleased with the results. Dr. is satisfied with the results also. It has allowed me to continue with my life without the horrible side effects of the previous two IV chemotherapy sessions.

Cancer