Xeloda User Reviews

Xeloda - User Reviews

Xeloda User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xeloda sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: speechkc, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 10

I have been taking Xeloda since Sept 08 and have tolerated the side effects well. During the last two cycles, the hand and foot syndrome has been much worse. I use lotion every night with gloves and socks. My hands and feet are very sore during the last one or two days of my "on" weeks. I have been working full time with only two days off this school year and that was due to my daughter being sick. The drs. are impressed with the results as they found "healing" on my 3 month scans. I do find that I get tired at the end of the day --I just take things a bit slower. Enjoying life to the fullest.

Comment from: sarabeque, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 11

Triple Neg Breast Cancer that had matasticized to 4 lymph nodes in chest area. Began 5000 mg daily. Hand and foot syndrome was interfering with my job. Reduced to 3500 mg and 6 months later a Petscan revealed NO trace of cancer. Now on 1000 mg daily for maintenence. Some fatigue, hand foot sensitivity, neuropathy, joint pain, dry eye, dry mouth, irritability toward end of 2 week treatment. Supplements: fish oil, turmeric, B-Complex, Multi-Vit, Green Energy drinks (wheat grass, barley, kelp etc), 75% plant-based diet. Yoga. Google: PH balance and cancer. Google the cottage cheese flax seed recipe. Google the research on Turmeric. Good information. Also prescriptions: 300 mg 3 X daily Gabapentin for neuropathy, low dose .5 Xanax and 5 mg Ambien to relax and sleep. It seems like a lot but it helps along with meditation and increased time spent in nature gardening, playing with my dogs. I continue to work full time. Have my hair, it is a little thinner/dryer, but Sabastian Drench products have made my hair very healthy. Grape seed oil on nail cuticles is helpful or use neosporen. Best lotion for skin,feet, hands anywhere you are dry is Aveeno Extreme Relief. Would recommend Xeloda, but urge patients to supplement with natural alternatives and advocate for selves if side effects become overbearing.

Related Reading: fatigue | dry mouth | Xanax

Comment from: Carla B, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 30

Ihave been on and off for nearly 3 years. It has been wonderful except for the hand/foot syndrome and upset stomach. I had a clear scan 6 months ago but now cancer is active again in my spine so another 6 months of Xeloda. Sure beats any other chemo I have had regarding side effects.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 10

I have been on Xeloda for 2 years, stable since 2007, no hand foot problems. It has worked for me so far. Pray it continues.

Comment from: FIGHTERR, 65-74 (Patient) Published: February 06

SINCE IT HAS BEEN THE FIRTST COURSE OF 14 DAYS AND MY CONDITION IS STABLE AND TUMOR GROWTH IS STABLE, INSPITE OF ME BEING ONLY 38KGS AND WITH A HISTORY OF 30 YEARS ASTHMA, I AM VERY SATISFIED BECAUSE PEOPLE THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE SEVERE SIDE EFFECTS BUT WITH THE SUPPORT OF MY FAMILY , PRAYERS AND POSITIVE ATTITUDE, AND MAINLY A VERY GOOD DIET, I HAVE NOT FACED ANY OF THE SIDE EFFECTS UPTIL NOW. BE POSITIVE HAVE FAITH IN GOD AND KEEP YOUR FIGHTING SPIRIT INTACT AND ALSO THE INFORMATION ON XELODA(MOVING FORWARD WITH XELODA) GIVEN TO ME BY WEBMD HAS HELPED ME AND MY FAMILY TO BE PREPARED AND FIGHT. SO THANK YOU. I ADVISE ALL JUST DON'T BE NEGATIVE EVEN IF THE DOCTORS SAY BECAUSE A POSITIVE MIND, THE MEDICINES OF COURSE AND A GOOD DIET(EAT SMALL BUT NUTRITIOUS ESPECIALLY YOUR BREAKFAST) REALLY CAN WORK MIRACLES EVEN IF THE STAGE IS BAD. JUST DONT GIVE UP. XELODA IS GOOD.

Related Reading: ASTHMA

Comment from: sfsafree@msn.com, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 23

Have been on this drug for four months -count has gone from 140 t0 37-have some hand and foot discomfort and digestive problems but nothing that one can not tolerate-I have it in may locations-lungs bone- liver-- am hopeful that it will give me some extra life ---am experiencing sleepless nights-- would recommed this for anyone who could try it to do so

Comment from: Melisa, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 27

Have been on Xeloda for 3 months with 2 brief breaks. Looking at another 4 months of use. Each cycle (4 pills twice a day) of 2 weeks on and 1 week offf, the side effects hit earlier and harder. Mostly feet are cracked and painful -- like walking on broken glass. Tons of cremes help a little, but most stop working after a cycle. However, it's all worth it -- my tumors are shrunk by 2/3 are it's still working. Joy, oh joy.

Comment from: Savannah, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 23

Been taking this drug for my bone mets. 7 months and no real side effects...Hands have never been a problem, feet are dry cracked and sometimes sore, wearing socks helps alot!!!! My Ca27-29 has gone from 300 to 80, so seems like its working, who knows what is next?

Cancer