Xeloda User Reviews

Xeloda - User Reviews

Xeloda User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xeloda sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 07

my cancer marker has been lowered a lot when nothing else helped.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 26

i am 26 and am taking this for breast cancer to get rid of lingering cancer cells in my lymph nodes. no major side effects like chemotherapy, but i did get the hand-foot syndrome as described in the side-effects tab. my palms and bottom of my feet got very dry, and turned dark red. they were super sensitive to touch and uncomfortable, but was still tolerable. keeping them moist with lotion seemed to help a little.

Comment from: maloney May, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 22

Have been taking Xeloda for 3 years now. Have had the Hand & Foot Syndrome a few times, mostly the tips of my fingers looked and felt like paper cuts. Had the mouth sores once, and that lasted about 10 days. Ease of use not great as pills are huge. They made a smaller pill at first, then somehow they couldn't get it anymore at my Anthem RX plan. Feet are more dry than normal, but that's about the worst I've experienced. As to how long I may be on it- MD says we'll get as much mileage as we can with it.

Comment from: deli123, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 28

I had breast cancer in 2001 and it has returned as mets to my liver, kidney and pelvis bone. I had no success with IV chemo but have had shrinkage of lesions on the liver and no growth on other areas with xeloda. Side effects, hands and feet not too bad, diarreah has been my main concern and my dose has been lowered to 3 in the AM and 2 in the evening.

Comment from: KANSASSIS, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 11

My cycle has changed from 4 tablets twice per day for 2 weeks to 1 week on, one week off. This has helped the hand and foot syndrome from being so painful. I have lost my finger prints, but crime free! I combine this medicine with Femara once pe day, and all tests are within the acceptable range after 4 months on Xeloda. I feel it is helping me,stiff muscles being the biggest challenge.

Related Reading: Femara

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 26

I have been taking Xeloda for almost a year. It seems to working as my extreme bone pain has nearly gone away. I have not had hand and foot reactions, but I get sores on my legs that are very itchy. My face and arms have become darker and freckled, probably as the result of sun exposure. I also have lost some taste as part of my tongue is somewhat numb. I developed mild pneumonia last spring and now have fluid behind my other lung which has been drained 4 times but keeps recurring. They have found no evidence of cancer in the fluid so the cause is unknown. Related to Xeloda? No idea. All in all, I am happy to be able to take it without having severe side effects.

Related Reading: pneumonia

Comment from: jeh, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 15

This medication has lower my tumore cell counts. I am on a very low dose as I had a sever hand/foot reaction. I take 2 pills morning and evening for one week on and one week off. I do feel tired most of the time but nap and sleep well at night. I have been on this medication for 2 years.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 07

Have been on Xeloda for 7 weeks; It is reducing the metastic symptoms but my hands, feet and face have turned very dark. Lotion helps with the dryness, but the darkening of the skin is scarry as I have always had a medium skin-color african american women....

Comment from: on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 28

My Mother was diagnosed in on October 31, 2007 with colon cancer that metastases to the liver. She started on Xeloda on Jan.18,2008 along with her first infusion of Oxlaliplatin. She became sick with nausea and severe diarrhea on Jan 27 and was taken to the hospital on the Jan 29th. We were told it was a severe reaction to the Xeloda and they could not get the diarrhea under control. She was not able to eat much and became worse. On Feb. 4th,2008 she passed away in the hospital. we believe it was due to the Xeloda. Be very careful and get immediate attention at first sight of severe diarrhea. while on the Xeloda. We believe the Xeloda is the reason she died so quick.

Related Reading: colon cancer | diarrhea