Xibrom User Reviews

Xibrom - User Reviews

Xibrom User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xibrom sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: alex, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 31

I have had glaucoma surgery 3 times this year. I guess the Xibrom works because I haven't had any inflamation or pain. It is hard to get only one drop at a time. My Blue Cross doesn't cover it and 2.5 ml is over $100. Isn't there something less expensive?

Related Reading: glaucoma | Xibrom

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 30

I have had four eye surgeries in the past four months which have been successful. Within the last three months after using Xibrom for treatment I have experianced severe shortness of breath. I finally refered to my prescription information from my pharmacy, it listed difficlult breathing as a possible side effect.I was greatful to read comments from other patients listing this same problem. Thank you letting your users tell their stories.

Comment from: Marsha, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 21

First bottle dic not take care of the problem. Tiny bottle is $257.00. I find this outrageous. Is there a generic I could use?

Comment from: Bozena, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 06

I used Xibrom for 3 months following a cataract surgery. The last week my vision suddenly blurred. Alarmed, I went to my doctor for an emergency visit. Xibrom severely damaged the surface of my eye causing vision loss: I could barely see the large E at the top of the chart. According to my doctor, with time, the damage will heal and my vision will improve. As to how long and how well, he would not speculate. When I returned to his office a week later, there was small improvement: I could read (with some effort) the third line from the top. WebMD warns against prolonged use of this medication. I think that my doctor missed the boat on this one.

Comment from: Paul, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 13

I have been putting 2 drops a day in.Using it for about 6 weeks.Have not seen any difference.Had surgey on eye,trying to clear my vision.

Comment from: popeye, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 23

I have developed headaches, now I know why. I have been using four drops a day between both eyes. It seems that the last drops a night burn like fire. I have not discussed this with the doctor yet.

Comment from: Barbara32812, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 19

Seemed to give me a dull headache.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: pbr 316, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 16

Ihad cataract surgery last week and one of the eye drops is Xibrom. It seems that after using it, i become very short of breath. My doctor said this is not one of the side effects but it just seems to keep happening. Or, does it interact with other drugs I am taking. Hypertension meds, Plavix, aspirin, isosorbide, carbidopa/ levidopa and lescol.

Related Reading: Plavix | aspirin | lescol

Comment from: idontknow, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 13

I'm 49 and have cateracts. I have taken this medication for 3 days before and 2 weeks after the surguries and have had 0 problems, in fact it felt good, like a clean feeling. It is expensive, just a small drop is all you need.

Comment from: lois, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 12

TOO EXPENSIVE

Comment from: Pam, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 30

The drops are soothing after putting in. I had cataract surgery in both eyes. Only problem is I forget to hold corner of eye after drop is put in and I end up with drainage down my throat. My fault though.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 01

I had cataract surgery 6 months ago due to the treatment and disease of iritis. I had to have the lens behind the new lens removed because of severe cloudy vision. Now I find out that my retnia is also inflammed, the drops do seem to be helping a little. I put one drop in 3 times a day along with a steroid drop. I still have a week to go so we will see how much it helps or hurts. The price is outrageous for a 5ml bottle.

Related Reading: iritis

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 01

raised my blood sugar very much. is this common?

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.