Xifaxan User Reviews

Xifaxan - User Reviews

Xifaxan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xifaxan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: pookiepup, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 18

I had C-Diff caused by taking antibotics prescribed for a sinus infection. It upset the balance of good vs. bad bacteria in my system. The bad bacteria took over my intestines, resulting in pain and explosive diarrhea. After a colonoscopy and other antibotic treatments for 3 months I was prescribed the Xifaxan. The symptoms started to clear within a week. I am on my last week of a 4 week prescription. It is expensive, but so far it has worked.

Related Reading: sinus infection | diarrhea | Xifaxan

Comment from: Carol, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 05

I was prescribed this medication for treatment of an overgrowth of bacteria in my small insestines resulting from stomach surgery. It does the job, but I need to take it every few months and it is extremely expensive.

Comment from: NAT, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 17

THIS MEDICATION HAS CHANGED MY LIFE. FOR THE LAST YEAR I HAVE BEEN HAVING BOUTS (USUALLY 4-5 DAYS/WEEK)WITH BELCHING ACCOMPANIED BY THE SMELL OF ROUGHTEN EGGS, IT WOULD START OUT THEN GET WORSE AND WORSE WITH SEVERE BLOATING AND STOMACH PAIN. AFTER AN ESSENTIALLY NEGATIVE EGD, I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH AN OVERGROWTH OF BACTERIA IN MY SMALL INTESTINE, SO MY DOC PRESCRIBED XIFAXAN. I COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW MUCH BETTER I FELT AFTER TAKING THIS DRUG, I FELT LIKE A BRAND NEW PERSON, NOW I DIDN;T HAVE TO ISOLATE MYSELF. THIS DRUG IS A+++++

Comment from: 10 Lane, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 28

I read about this drug being useful to treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome which has bothered me for years. I tried it and it was great...in about a week I was feeling better and able to go about my life not having to worry about any explosions or cramps or gas or painful bloating. The effect lasted about 5 months. Now, after about 10 months, I am taking another course of the drug and hoping for a similar excellent effect.

Related Reading: Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Comment from: whoknows52732, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 18

I have been dealing with this bloating and severe stomach for about 2 years now. I have had 2 colonoscopies and one endoscopy and everything looks clear. According to many sources, this may be Chron's, IBS, or possible bacterial infections in the GI tract. I just finished my 6-day course of meds and the pain has gone down by 75-80%. The bloating from the front of my stomach all around to my left side is still gigantic, and activities are still annoying that part of me. Overall, so far any sort of improvement is a Godsend. I am pretty sure that I have IBS; this disirder is one of the toughest disorders to discover by a doctor due to the early stages in the medical field understandings. One day at a time and I hope to feel ok so I can try and raise my 4 kids and stop blowing off any family functions and other important obligations that I should be at. I noyice that some people have changed their attitude towards me because I won't show up for something- if they only understood the pain involved... Peace...

Comment from: Jodi, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 28

I was given this for SIBO, after 4-1/2 months of all sorts of procedures,scans and colonocopy for painful stomach bloating, gas, diarrea and days of no bowel mvmt then 3 days of nothing but!! I was about to give up and willing to try anything. I am actually almost back to normal. I had no adverse side affects and am so thankful that finally something worked!I continue to take a probiotic and aloe concentrate.I hope this never comes back, but it if does, I know what I will be taking!!

Comment from: Joannatsf, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 04

This drug changed my life. I'd been disabled 4 years when Xifaxan became available. The effect was immediate. My energy level and cognitive abilities went way up from where they were. I've stabalized, returned to work and been able to pursue my dreams. I'm starting a Masters program in the fall. My insurance covers the cost ($900 per month)and it's worth every penny!

Comment from: T-Ann, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 14

I have been suffering for years with what has been diagnosed as IBS. This condition has affected every aspect of my life and not in a good way. Severe pain, sickness everyday of my life for years. I have been through every test and more than once with no answers. The last Internal Specialist I went to see Patted me on the back and said "Good luck to you" I am a prisoner in my own body and you say "good luck to me" I went to see, yet another, doctor and he prescribed Xifaxan and with much surprise and relief IT WORKED!!! I am feeling so much better everyday - I even am able to go and sit in a restaurant with my family with out locating the nearest restroom. The only sad thing is - when I am done taking the meds, how long will this relief last before the symptoms come back? It's good to feel normal again -- I enjoy the simplest of lifes experiences now, like leaving the house without locating the restrooms between my house and my destination. I LOVE THIS MEDICATION!!