Xolair User Reviews

Xolair - User Reviews

Xolair User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xolair sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: imtheauntieff, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 25

Going to get the injection is a bit inconvenient but the benefits definitely out weigh that. My Peak flow has gone from NEVER in life over 300 to well over 600 in just a few months.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 26

I have had chronic asthma for over 25 years and this is the only medication that has really worked well. I would recommend this to anyone who has chronic asthma. It did take about 6 months to start working, but it was well worth the wait. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't work right away/

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: do, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 06

This drug has improved my asthma & allergies by 95%. It has been a miracle drug for me.

Comment from: depw1965, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 12

I had been hospitalized at least once a year plus ER trips for asthma, having to have iv steroids along with other treatments. Have not had the problem recovering as before and have cut out all the other meds that I had to take regularly to try to prevent episodes everytime I had an allergic reaction or trigger that couldn't be controlled without hospitalization.

Published: December 19

I have had Asthma for 50 years. I am now 60. Nothing has helped me more than this medication.

Comment from: lehtinen, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 10

Xolaire changed my life. I went from living with regular ER visits and hospitalizations for large steroid and albuterol doses to not having used a rescue inhaler in over a year. I am prescribed the highest dosage based on my IgE levels, so the administration is unpleasant, but it is a small price to pay for the relief.

Comment from: tootles25018, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 23

After fifty three years of life, my current doctor gave me an allergy test for the first time in my life, He actually apologized to me.He said I was more allergic to anything than anyone he had ever met except someone that lived in a bubble. I have had severe asthma for over thirty years ending up in the hospital usually twice a year on IV steroids. I was using so many medications I had to carry them around in a shoe box and I was in fear of going anywhere without my portable nebulizer. I have been on the Xolair for a little over a year and I have had only one asthma attack and it was mild( compared to others). Being on disability I have had to fight to keep getting the shots as Medicare does not cover them. Fortunately at present I am not on Medicare, but fear the day I will be. I hope this company does everything they can to get it approved by Medicare and for anyone that needs it. Although my health has deteriorated from the constant use of steroids over the last thirty five years, I feel considerable better than I did and know that if I had not been put on the Xolair could likely be dead by now.

Related Reading: allergy | Xolair

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 05

Xolair is a miracle drug for me! I have had chronic asthma for about 29 years and this is the best medicine I have ever used. My asthma has been under control since the first injection.

Comment from: Pat Picano, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 06

Xolair started working for me after about the 3rd injection which I get once a month. When I stopped for just a month my asthma symptons immediately worsened so I went back to the injections. I plan to stay on this medication and I am truly grateful to Genentech for helping me afford this miracle drug.

Comment from: waltersmrk@aol.com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 23

After many other drugs failed to control my moderate asthma, this one changed my life for the first 18 months. I was clear most of the time. Even had a dramatic decrease in sinus problems. 18 months after starting once-a-month Xolair shots, it suddenly stopped working and I got worse than I was when I started the Xolair. I got more severe asthma than I had ever had before, and it never went away. The next 18 months have been very bad. In short, the Xolair suddenly stopped working, and my once-moderate asthma is now severe and does not subside unless I take oral prednisone, and then only temporarily. I have spent the last 18 months coughing and wheezing, and no doctor has yet been able to explain why.