Xolair User Reviews

Xolair - User Reviews

Xolair User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xolair sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: niny2001, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 20

great treatment still on it.have noticed it causes flue like symtoms for two-three days after medication administartion/sickness and also hair loss but not to the point of baldness just shed alot more hair.

Related Reading: hair loss

Comment from: cwk, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 05

This is magic medicine! It took about 5 months to start working for me. Just about when I was ready to call it quits on the shots, the Xolair did its thing. I was on high dose steroids all the time before and never could get my asthma symptoms under control no matter what combination of medications we tried. My quality of life had really deteriorated. For someone 31 years old, I felt like I had the health of someone who was 80. Now, my peak flows are consistently higher and even though I do occasionally have symptoms, they are very mild and actually go away after a dose of albuterol instead of lasting for weeks and weeks with little relief. I really never thought anything would significantly improve things, and that constant asthma was just something I had to accept. But this was the magic bullet. All I had to do was give it time to work. It truly changed my life. I never review medications, but this one was worth it.

Comment from: omagraf, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 10

Cannot complain about the drug! It has worked great on treating my symptoms. I have been on it a very short time and have been wondering if it causes some mild side effects for me. I feel very tired within 8 hours of my injection and kind of sore for the next 24 hours. But my energy level is through the roof and I am sleeping through the night. I have not needed my inhaler once since I started this drug. The cost is really high, I am not certain that I can continue because my copay is so high. The drug cost $2100 a dose and I have to pay at least $100 of that, the injection fee per visit is $200 and I have to pay $150 of that. On top of all the other medications I use I don't think that I can hope to afford this long term. My family does not want me to go off it, even they have noticed how much better I am (breathing wise).

Comment from: johnke02, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 22

After only 3 injections of Xolair I could breath so much better. Wish I had know about this drug a few years ago. It has controled my asthma better than any medication I have taken so far. The only problem is cost.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 12

I have had severe allergic asthma each spring since adolescence. I started Xolair last July and this spring was the test. A real miracle-- I have not used my albuterol inhaler once this season, compared to going through at least 2 per season in previous years. It has performed so much better than I had dared hope!

Published: May 12

dust and dust mites don't bother me as much as they used to. I can now go to a hotel and sleep on their mattress (without dust mite covers on it and the box spring and the comforter without getting an asthma attack every time. yippeee

Comment from: saved, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 23

I was intubated twice (with in a month) about 2 years ago at the age of 28. I was starting to accept the fact that I was going to die from my asthma. I was on every medication that exists for asthma and I still had to prepare my breathing machine before bed. They came on so quickly and so hard that I couldn't even tear open my meds. Finally, I had a doctor test my IgE levels and suggest Xolair. My doctor thankfully fought the insurance company and I got the approval. I am so blessed to be on this medication. I am able to exercise once again, I haven't taken a breathing treatment in 2 years, and I rarely use my rescue inhaler. Xolair has saved my life and my kids don't have to watch me suffer through hours of laying on the floor trying to breathe. Not to mention I have not had a single negative side effect.

Comment from: wendizzle111306, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 18

It has worked GREAT for me!! I have been using it for almost a year and I can definately notice a change!! No constant bronchitis, constant use of inhaler, and used Predisone not as much.. I am very happy even though I get 3 shots every 2 weeks>>

Comment from: dsl, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 06

This medication has totally changed my life. I have not felt this good in years. My functions went from the mid 30's to 60% since started the about 9 months ago. I would highly recommend anyone who suffers daily with asthma symptoms to try it. I went from using prednisone monthly, neb. machine 4 times daily. Now I don't use either one or any albuterol inhaler.