Xolair User Reviews

Xolair - User Reviews

Xolair User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xolair sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Fazepam, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 05

I have had asthma for 30 years. I have tried many different cocktails of medicine to control it. Nothing seemed to help. I started with the injections 7 months ago and I have not felt this great in a long time. I am able to have a normal productive life. I go once a month to get the injections. Yes they do hurt for a very short period of time. This has been a great drug to help me get my asthma under control after 30 years for nothing working.

Comment from: wheezy74, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 19

Xolair is the best Christmas present I will receive this year. After three years of battling with insurance companies and drug reps, I have finally been given the opportunity to use Xolair and it has changed my life. In the first 2 weeks of treatment I noticed a remarkable difference. I look forward to a new year free of steroids, free of moon face, and freedom from having to lug my nebulizer around with me. What a blessing!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 20

doctor visits evry 2 weeks were difficult. i felt great for about three months, then i got a terrible rash,very itchy from the xolair. Haven't had an injection for 6 weeks and i am starting to wheeze again at night and my eczema has returned full force. Doctor says cant have it any more because i am allergic to it.have had asthma for 29 years.

Related Reading: rash | eczema

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 29

Always had persistent moderate to severe asthma. I would have attacks every six weeks, they lasted 7-14 days and I had to use large dose of steriods. I could not tolerate my allergy shots and was stopped at a certain dose. For over one year I have had one or two very small episodes. I am exposed to agricultural dusts and pollen. Now, they have a limited empact on me.

Comment from: CE5763, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 19

I have been self injecting my Xolair for approximately 18 months. I have found it to be the most effective perscription I have ever taken.

Comment from: IBITETTI, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 28

Was diagnosed with asthma & allergies over 20 years ago. I think I have tried just about every asthma/allergy medicine available on the market. My first inhaler sent me to the emergency room with anaphylaxis. I have gotten increasingly worse over the years, and it got to the point where I was afraid that nothing would help.I have no medical insurance , so the cost of the xolair is bery high...but who cares...it changed my life totally within two hours of the injection.I am "alive" for the first time in a very long time. I was coughing non stop until I coughed up bile/blood and every muscle in my body ached all the time. the last four years I have taken Cipro for my bronchitis and Cortisone to be able to open up my airways. I lost my sence of smelling in my twenties and have had numerous polyp operations in my sinuses.I would be on meds for up to 20 days,getting a little relief, and one week after the last pill it was back to the same sleepless nights with the coughing & sweating.I would wait as long as I could before starting a new round of meds, and my last asthma attack did not go away even with higher doses of cortisone. I was told that my last resort was xolair as nothing else helped, so I was a little nervous when I went for my first shot.What if it did not help? Wow, I've never been happier??? I coughed up some mucus that was trapped about an hour after the treatment, and have not been coughing since. And moreover, I got my sence of smelling back and it's just like coming from a "dead" world back to life. I'm alive!!!!!!!!& I can breathe.

Related Reading: anaphylaxis | Cipro