Xopenex HFA User Reviews

Xopenex HFA - User Reviews

Xopenex HFA User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xopenex HFA sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Allergic asthma, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 21

Very effective for wheezing and coughing of asthma. It does give me nausea and a sore throat, trouble sleeping and dizziness, however it's better than not being able to breathe. It doesn't make me agitated and belligerent like Albuterol did. Rinse your mouth after using to get rid of the taste.

Related Reading: asthma | sore throat | dizziness

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 25

I SOMETIMES GET AN UNUSUAL TASTE IN MY MOUTH AFTER USING IT. FOR THE MOST PART I AM VERY HAPPY.

Comment from: can't remember, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 21

I only slept about an hour and a half after taking this medication at 11 pm. I was really shaky. Although I assume it did what it was supposed to do. It was a little scary.

Comment from: jendamoe, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 23

Well, doesn't have that disgusting taste that normal inhalers have, but honestly I feel no relief and my heart does race.

Comment from: a4m2, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 21

This inhaler caused me to have 2 asthma attacks in the same day. Made me dizzy and lightheaded. I had a horrible time with severe trembles and shakes. Will never use this again. I cannot use anything with HFA. I have severe asthma. Please read side effects before using this medication.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 30

Since my Allergist switched me from Albuterol to Xopenex HFA, I've noticed that when I have attacks that recovery has taken longer and has become less effective.

Related Reading: Xopenex HFA

Comment from: LeJean, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 09

This medicine is quick acting and powerful.

Comment from: OpalSparks, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 06

I occasionally have the funny taste in my mouth, but I was more concerned with the tightness I felt in my chest after each use, using as directed. It only lasted a few minutes each time I used it. The satisfaction of use varied as sometimes it appeared to help and other times it didn't seem like it did a thing for me.

Comment from: troe, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 25

it works some of the times but i usually have to take another inhaler with it.

Published: October 15

gave me muscle aches and pains in my joints.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 19

I like the fact that is does not make me jittery, but I don't feel it works as fast as servent.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 24

Help me to breath easier

Comment from: Golfman, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 20

I used it at 4:00 PM (one puff only)and sleeped only 2 hours that night. My heart pounded, I trembled, I was dizzy, I had muscle spasms and I had a head ache. However, I can say that I was breathing well soon after use. Perhaps, I forgot to shake it well and didn't get the proper mixture. I am new to these inhalers and all this is a new experience. Can anybody tell me what you get when you don't shakd it? It was my first use of this inhaler, so it probably sat for some time. I don't plan on using this ever again. Too bad! I'd like to get my moneys worth out of it.

Related Reading: muscle spasms