Xopenex HFA User Reviews

Xopenex HFA - User Reviews

Xopenex HFA User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xopenex HFA sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: zombi, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 06

This inhaler works good for me but it makes me cough. Does anyone else experience a cough with this inhaler?

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: rainyday, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 26

After I had my encounter with and old long forgotten friend(Asthma), I was prescribed this medicine. My experience with this drug is good, I was prescribed both the inhaler in case I had an asthma attack or felt one coming on, and the nebulizer one. I did have the shaking all over, but that has since gone away and my asthma is pretty much under control unless I run...

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 24

I like it, it doesn't make me jittery or nauseous.

Comment from: granmateri, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 12

after being on this drug for over a month I have had constant Nausea , Diarria and my heart feel like its going to go blistic on me ! not to mention the feeling of faintness and dizzy it has halted my life for now !After today I will NOT use this again .

Comment from: payne2, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 17

I have been on it about 2 weeks now and it is working well for me. I take 2 puffs twice a day and I am using my fast-acting inhaler a whole lot less. I can even use it before exercising and it works as well as my fast acting inhaler. No problems with it so far.

Comment from: Jan, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 16

Compared to Seravent which made my heart super race. This has not caused it to race at all. Also no jittery feeling which allowed me to continue working. I have even used it with a bad cold and it helped.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 12

This is the only inhaler I've ever used which has helped me. Forty five minutes after taking it I usually get rid of a huge gob of mucus from my lungs. After taking Xopenex HFA for three months I have noticed some blurred vision and occasional slight dizziness.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 24

no rapid heart rate; works with one puff right before I exercise. Great drug - much better than ventolin

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 06

Love this stuff, I use to use Albuterol and I use to get jittery, and had to take 4-6 puffs of it to feel relief where with the Xopenex HFA I only need to take on or two puffs.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 28

My physician prescribed Xopenex to replace Proventil. I have found that with Proventil I needed to take 2 - 3 puffs to receive full relief; however, with Xopenex HFA I need only 1 puff. The only side effect that I have experienced is a jittery feeling.

Related Reading: Xopenex | Proventil

Comment from: mother , 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: May 27

Finding the right medication for my 15 year old son was difficult when he was first diagnosed with asthma because of negative side effects of medications used. Advair for example was not well tolerated at all. For many people it works. It was through trial and error that the right medication for him was found. He now uses Pulmicort and Xopenex successfully, but many of the others made him sicker than the asthma symptoms he had. From reading the other reviews it seems that finding the right medication(s) for asthma is also a process that one goes through. We had a very difficult time, but we eventually found the medications that he could tolerate, no side effects. Finding the right medication can be a difficult process and watching your child suffer from trying a medication that should make him feel better, but it doesn't, is a trying scenario. What works for one individual does not always work for another. Through trial and error and good medical support we found the right scenario for our son.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 16

this treatment is awsome. I love drugs.