Xopenex User Reviews

Xopenex - User Reviews

Xopenex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xopenex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jeanine, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 27

Well I have a four year old son thats on xopenex. This drug has cause my son to have awful side effects to where he bites, and attacks off guard, and he becomes very hyper, and unalert and orient at times. Please tell me how long does this last within the body? and what other form medication should I ask my doctor to give my son.

Related Reading: xopenex

Comment from: A concerned parent and consumer, on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 25

My 11-year-old has used albuterol before, but we recently moved and started with a new doctor. When we came to his office with an asthma attack, my son was given xopenex with the nebulizer rather than albuterol. We definitely saw some agitation in him with albuterol, but xopenex made him CRAZY. Although the doctor listened to his lungs and said they sounded "better" after the treatment, my son said that his chest hurt more and his cough felt worse. For about 24 hours after the treatment he experienced headaches, sensitivity to light, general agitation, couldn't sit still, muscle aches, jitters, and was just really frustrated. He could not function. He missed an extra day of school due to the side effects of this drug. Watching him go through this, it appeared as if his nervous system had been destroyed. Side effects like this are not acceptable. This drug should be taken off the market.

Related Reading: asthma | cough

Comment from: Jemeneye, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 19

after albuterol taken off the market and replaced with Pro air -an ineffective placebo type inhaler , I ended up with several trips to the er and ultimately a trip to the hosp in the ambulance under the impression I was having a heart attack from the over use of pro air ..I was advised by a pharmacist to inquier about xopenex.. has the same delivery system as the old albuterol inhaler. Worked alot better, and I have been happy with it but not good for long term use, may lose some effectiveness .I have been using for approximately 2 months and it isn't working as well ..or I am getting worse ....may need to rethink my medical professionals at this point ..

Related Reading: heart attack

Comment from: Jan, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 14

My seven year old son has been using this, as needed for a few years now. It is much more effective for him than the inhalers, and he has almost no side effects, as opposed to the albuterol which makes him shaky and hyper. He gets immediate relief from asthma attacks with this medicine.

Comment from: JST, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 09

Asthma first became worse and then I became unable to move for about 12 hours. Terrible experience and couldn't call 911, couldn't do anything. Sure I came close to death.Perhaps this medication needs review, at least for me it was the most dangerous asthma medication I have ever encountered.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 29

I hate this medicine. I was given it after years of other medications. At first I gave it a go, and noticed that my asthma attack just kept getting worse, so another treatment was taken, once again I seemed to be getting worse instead of bed, Third times the charm and gave it one last go. At this point I was turning blue and could not stand. I had to be rushed to the hospital and given a 5 hour treatment of albuderal and atrovent. I was later told that about 50% of the people on Xopenox are allergic to it and in cases actually cause more trouble than what its worth. I was quickly removed from the medication and put back on the old reliable stuff. I am so glad to have moved to England where xopenox doesnt exist.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 11

My 3 year old daughter has been on this medication as needed since she was 9 months old. She recently had an asthma flare and we began treatments 2-3 times a day, as prescribed by the doctor. The treatments do help with the asthma symptoms. Within minutes she is breathing much better and less coughing however the side effects aren't great. She gets very hyper and out of sorts.

Comment from: marblemaniac100, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 05

This was prescribed for my 2 year old son during asthma symptoms. I have severe asthma and I now use this medication also. I like the fact that this medicine does not make me jittery and edgey. Albuterol always made my heart race and made it harder to relax after a treatment. This medication is much more expensive though. I do not like the fact that you are supposed to use the whole package in two weeks of opening (with 24 treatments). They need to make the packages smaller so that you can only open one with a few treatments at a time so that the unused portions would last longer.