Xopenex User Reviews

Xopenex - User Reviews

Xopenex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xopenex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: July 26

My son has chronic asthma and cannot take albuterol, the Xopenex works so much better and doesn't give him the jittery after effects.

Comment from: mommyjan2005, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: May 27

I was put on this med because albuterol has lost it effectivness for me(I've been on it for over 15yrs) at first this drug worked great but after 3 months stopped working, very bad asthma came back, now I'm on combivent to control asthma which is most comenly used for COPD and emphasima and I'm only 25!!!! What am I going to do when this becomes non effective, theres no other drugs on the market that I havn't been on!!!

Related Reading: combivent

Comment from: Asthma KIDD, 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 09

I feel that this medicine has worked out fine. But if you have any headache related illness in your family do not take cause migrains can star and worsen over time

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 02

I have asthma, and had an attack at work. I tried using my albuterol inhaler, and it only made things worse. I love this so much more! I don't have any side effects, and it works!

Comment from: Louisa, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 29

I am still on it, but I try to not use it even if I have to. The reason being is that I found that whenever I would use it that an hour later I would be really dizzy, would be so shaky that I could not do my job properly. I also found that I had a splitting headache, also would be coughing nonstop and have an even harder time breathing.

Comment from: popcorn0193, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 27

I have a history of asthma, and i'm on atenolol for high blood pressure. I had something like an allergic reaction to the atenolol causing me to have a touch of asthma. I was having a constant cough and slight trouble breathing. I had to use this for 2 weeks. After using it, my airway felt more open, but it didn't help the coughing right away. I believe it went away by itself. And my mom still makes me use it when i have a coughing fit. A nuisance to use. Tastes like salt so i breath through the nose.

Related Reading: atenolol | high blood pressure

Comment from: 3-6 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 18

My child has suffered from asthma attacks for quite some time. I have tried many different neb meds, but most of them leave him very jumpy and agitated. It is not as fast acting as albuterol inhalant is, but it doesn't race his heart as much when he needs double doses.

Comment from: mmweste, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 01

I was using albuterol,going through all the side effects albuterol causes.I was hospitalized and my Doctor prescribed Xopenex.Not only does it not cause the shaking and heart racing for me,I can now go for eight hours between treatments.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 20

I wont use anything else. I've tried my other rescue inhalers but this one stops the shakes and eases me back into breathing normally. I also have Pleurisy and it doesnt make it worse.

Related Reading: Pleurisy

Comment from: lillith, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 14

I had broncitis and they perscribed me this with my antibiotics. this medicine should come with a warning not to use at bed time! couldn't sleep all night and i had shortness of breath which i didn't have before treatment. i stopped after 2 days.