Xopenex User Reviews

Xopenex - User Reviews

Xopenex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xopenex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: map, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 06

Works okay,although not very fast, but causes insomnia if I use several times for a day or two. Not jittery, but wide awake for hours.

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: 0-2 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 31

My 2 yr old daughter been taking this. I need to know all the possible side effects.

Comment from: Mimi, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 25

The only negative to this was the jittery feeling and heart racing. It was prescribed 3x a day but I couldn't handle that. It did open my airways so I could breathe. I had a severe case of bronchitis (almost pneumonia) which only got worse after a week of medication. This allowed me to start breathing again.

Related Reading: pneumonia

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: August 14

Cannot tolerate albuterol because it makes my heart pound and nervous. Xopenex relieves my symptoms and is better tolerated.

Comment from: LATucker, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 26

My 3 year old daughter has been on this since she was 6 months old. It works very well and we have absolutely NO side effects.

Comment from: asthmasucks, 13-18 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 13

I take this for asthma, only use it when an attack occurs, but it hardly helps. I switched from Albuteral when i was eight, and want to go back to it because xopenex stinks.

Comment from: Chia, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 24

Switched to Xopenex Inhlation Solution(levalbuterol HCI) over 2yrs ago since regular Albuterol made me jittery and sometimes made my attacks worse. I do not use this or recommend this as an emergency treatment, that is what the inhaler is for. I use this in my nebulizer. It does work great when my symptoms are not under control with my day to day meds. I have a support group with others who have Severe Asthma/Chronic Bronchitis and those of us who have switched to Xopenex have had excellent results. I advise anyone who says Xopenex hypes them up more then regular Albuterol speak with their doctor, I was switched to it specifically because it is less likely to make you jittery.

Related Reading: Chronic Bronchitis