Xyrem User Reviews

Xyrem - User Reviews

Xyrem User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xyrem sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Ani, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 04

I've been on this stuff for about 2 1/2 years. I take 9 grams a night (4.5g 2x). Overall, it does its job. I have narcolepsy, and before I started taking Xyrem I was doing some major catnapping, haha. I only have a few problems with it. About 30 mins after taking it, I get really disoriented and loopy. Sometimes it doesn't work at all on the first dose. When it does work, I wake up like clockwork exactly 4 hours after taking it. I get my full 8 hours and wake up well rested. The only really bad part is that since I started taking it, I've gained 20lbs from uncontrollable eating after the 1st dose.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 14

I was not getting into the deep sleep needed to get rested. No matter how long I slept. I have really good results with this med. THANK YOU to the reviewer who mentioned the need to drink more water. I have been getting concerned lately about my urine's odor and I have not been drinking as much water as before! Also,I find it best to record any must see TV, trying to stay awake to see something of interest can cause violent vomiting! I have been on the Xyrem for about two years.

Comment from: gigi, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 07

I was not getting REM sleep at night, so I would wake up more tired that I was when I went to bed and my body didn't get the restorative benefits of sleep. Xyrem has been a miracle drug for me. In reading the review, it seems to me that some people are not taking it correctly. You are supposed to go to bed IMMEDIATELY after taking the drug. It works for only 2.5 - 5 hours. When you wake up, you need to take a 2nd dose and go right back to bed. Dosage should begin very low and gradually increased by .25 grams. I take 2.5 grams twice a night. Read the literature!!!

Comment from: Kat, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 28

I have fibromyalgia and was unable to sleep more then 4 hrs a night. Now that I am taking xyrem I sleep at least 7 hrs or sometimes 9. It's not a cure I have my bad days but I am grateful there is finally a medication that helps me sleeo.

Sleep Disorders

Get tips for better sleep.