Xyzal User Reviews

Xyzal - User Reviews

Xyzal User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xyzal sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: csherman12, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 28

I'm female, 71, and for years have had chronic rhinitis which leads to sinusitis, and bronchitis and worse. I have tried almost every allergy tablet and spray both here and in Germany. Finally, my new, young physician told me that he used Xyzal and gave me a few samples to try. It is the only medicine that has helped. Effective after the first three days. But the best thing of all is that it gives me six to eight hours of good sleep which I have been unable to do for years. I started with 5mg./ per night and now can get by on 1/2 of the tab. (2 1/2 mg.). If I begin to have symptoms in the morning, I take the other 2 1/2 mg. It is so good...there must be something wrong with it! I even talked to my Pharmacist to be asssured that no narcotics were in it. No side effects for me, so far (who is highly sensistive to many drugs) afer six weeks. YEA! No more constant coughing, face and headaches, constant post-nasel drip, etc., etc. P. S. I could not take Zyrtec, it made me feel terrible and I could not keep awake in the day and it did not help me sleep at night!! Go figure!!!!???

Related Reading: allergy | Xyzal | sleep

Comment from: Free and Clear, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 02

I am allergic to everything trees, grass, dogs, dirt you name it. In fact, before taking this drug I would stay awake at night itching from head to toe, it was awful. I have had fluid in my ears for the past 6 months from just being irritated by everything on the planet. This drug has worked for me because I can sleep, my ears are finally free of fluid and they don't hurt. I take this drug every other day at night. I drink plenty of water and I take flax seed oil. It does dry you and you can become constipated, so drink water. I have not had any anxiety problems as some people complain, in fact its just been the opposite because I can sleep and I don't have to worry about having some awful reaction from petting my dog or being near fresh cut grass. Take it at least two hours before you go to bed otherwise you will be groggy in the morning.

Related Reading: itching | anxiety

Comment from: gballz, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 15

i have a fever, muscle pain, fatigue, dowsiness, low energy, i feel weak, i have a dry mouth, and heart throbbing. overall, i think this sucks!

Related Reading: fever | muscle pain | fatigue

Comment from: jaxperezma, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 05

My doctor gave me sample allergy drugs so we could determine what worked best for me. I took Allegra for like 2 years, until it became ineffective. Claritin never worked for me and Zyrtec was great up until a couple of months ago. I am on my third dose of taking Zyzal and it has worked wonders. I normally wake up in the middle of the night with terrible itching in my throat, ears and sinuses... I have finally been able to sleep the entire night without any problems and wake up with zero allergies. I still take a steroid nasal spray and I haven't been happier. I do wake up a little groggy in the morning but that's standard with any allergy medication. The other obvious side effect is dry mouth.

Related Reading: Allegra | Claritin | Zyrtec

Comment from: Hillary, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 29

I had the WORST allergies ever! My doc tried everything--nothing--i developed a continuous headache and sneezing--my allerigies were ruining my life litereally. We thought perhaps it was migraines, no not that, so after having a sinus xray, my sinuses are perfect--I just have wicked alleries-all year long- living in Aeizona can do that.. As I turned 33, I had a headache so bad all the time I rarely left my house. Zyzal took this headche away overnight--NO MORE not one since! Ive been on it 3 months and i absolutely LOVE ZYZAL! My ONLY complaint with Zyzal is that at 1st--for the first few weeks--it makes you SO tired you MUST take it b4 bed. Now its fine i just take it when the sun goes down. Dont believe the hype that it will make you sleepy forever. This med isnt for light allergies--its for SEVERE HEAD POUNDING allergies that last all year! If you dont have that severe of allergies, just stick with Claritin D. Seriously. This takes away allery-related headaches and sneezing.

Related Reading: headache | Claritin D