Xyzal User Reviews

Xyzal - User Reviews

Xyzal User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xyzal sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 17

I have had horrible allergies all of my life. Went thru every possible medication there was, had shots every week and still about every 3 months I would be at the ER. I started taking Xyzal a few months after it came out and have not had any allergy problems since. Last week my Drug Company sent me the new "generic" version LEVOCETIRIZINE DI-HCL Tabs. Even though they said it was exactly the same, the generic version is doing me HORRIBLE. In a matter of days I could stand long enough to brush my teeth without my legs getting so weak I had to sit down. Then my muscle aches started and I could hardly walk the backs of my legs hurt like I had climbed a mountain or something. Then THE HEADACHE of all headaches arrived. I suffered from Migraines when I was younger so I am no stranger to headaches, but this was by far the worst headache I have ever had. I missed work, I was so exhusted by the time I got a shower and got dressed I couldn't make it in. I stopped taking it and in a matter of 2 or 3 days I felt 90% better. So no matter if they tell you it is exactly the same.... you might react differently. This scared me!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 28

I'm taking XYZAL for very very bad allergies. My allergies got so bad I starting having asthma attacks, which I've never had in my life. I haven't had any side effects - no weight change, no jitters, anxiety, sleeplessness, seizures, nothing but an ability to breathe. I has one mild asthma "episode" (not a full blown attack.) I take once a day at dinner.

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: smr, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 25

I was given samples of Xyzal because my left eye was swollen shut. I have terrible allergies and allergy induced asthma (adult onset). My eye has never swollen to this extreme. It seemed to help with the swelling for the most part, however, I STRONGLY caution anyone taking this drug against driving or doing anything that requires attentiveness. I was falling asleep all day. I even fell asleep at my desk at work!

Comment from: momthedancer, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 14

When weather is extreme, I develop sinus headaches. In allergy tests, I don't appear to be allergic to anything. I guess it's recycled air that is the problem? I don't know, but, working in a call center, I have to be personable and able to think and communicate. My doctor wanted me off the Zyrtec D, even though it seemed to be the only thing that worked for me. But I have found the Xyzal to be pretty effective so far. I am experiencing some mild dizziness on occasion, but I sleep better and am alert during the day. I use a nasal spray as well, and the combination, thankfully, seems to work.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: bevjjohnson, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 04

It is amazing ! I suffered with hives for over 2 1/2 months due to an allergy to Red #40 (which took over 2 months to figure out what I was having the reaction to). I was admitted to the E.R. and treated after having a reaction to the steroids I was on for 6 weeks. The doctors had me on several strengths/types of steroids. They had tried Claritin, Zantac, Singular - nothing was working. Three doctors later I decided to start looking on the internet for help/relief and found the website for Xyzal. I asked my doctor to write the prescription for me - we had tried everything else. My arms, back, chest, legs had hives everywhere. I looked like I had the chicken pox !! I took the pill before bedtime and when I woke up - the hives were almost COMPLETELY gone !! I cannot believe how quickly this medication worked ! The itching and painful welts were FINALLY gone ! I am very greatful to have found this medication and I think this medication should be given an award ! I found it was extremely frustrating that the doctors were unaware of the medication and I had to go through so much pain and suffering before finding this wonder drug. You really need to get the information out there about this medication and help relieve many of the other people who suffer from this condition. It truely is a relief for me and my family.

Related Reading: hives | Zantac

Comment from: huntjump81, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 21

I have allergies, chronic rhinitis, and allergy-induced asthma. This drug has helped me so much!! I no longer need nose spray to breathe, my sinus drainage has greatly decreased, and my allergies are better! I had dry mouth for a while, but now no side effects!!

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: stepheniealice, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 18

I took Zyrtec when it was a prescription drug for several years with success, but when it became and OTC drug it just simply stopped working as effectively for me. My allergist just put me on this, and I figured it would be fine because neither Claritin or Zyrtec have made me drowsy. I took my first dose of Xyzal one evening, fell asleep a few hours later, and spent the next day trying to keep myself from going into a coma. I almost fell asleep at school several times and when I got home slept for nearly four hours. I was literally swaying on my feet and not able to drive. 24 hours after taking the drug my allergies were taken care of but I could barely stay conscious. Definitely not worth it, in my opinion.

Related Reading: coma