Xyzal User Reviews

Xyzal - User Reviews

Xyzal User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Xyzal sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ljbeal, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 22

I have chronic sinusitis and have had allergy testing, but I don't seem to be very allergic to any one thing. But working in retail, I am continually exposed to a great many different allergens. I find that Xyzal is very effective for me. I also use a nasal spray and my sinusitis seems to be better. I know that Xyzal can make me drowsy, so I just take it at night and sleep very well, and wake up rested the next day.

Comment from: ck, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 12

I was prescribed this drug for unexplained hives. It has minimized the hives wonderfully. Still have a few now and then but nothing like before. If I do not take the medicine every day I start breaking out with hives again. So even though this is ver effective it is only a treatment not a cure. Now that I have been on it for about 6 months I am starting to have side effects that I did not notice at first. I feel very fatigued all the time, dry mouth, lack of motivation, easily agitated, agressive and depressed. I am concerned about continuing with this product even though it is very effective on treating the hives it was prescribed for.

Comment from: Bluey, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 25

I have been taking this med for 5 months off and on, but daily for the last 2 months. I have put on 4-5 pounds despite watching my diet very carefully and working out 5-6 times weekly(very intense workouts). I have had some bloody nose, a racing heart, heart pounding, indigestion, and muscle aches. Overall, I figured out that I just don't feel very good physically on this med.

Related Reading: indigestion

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 15

My doctor put me on XYZAL and i had: Heart Throbbing or Pounding

Comment from: headache, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 01

I have been on xyzal for a few months now for very bad allergies to the point I was sleeping in a recliner instead of in bed. At first I thought it was a miracle drug I felt so good. Could breathe well and sleep in bed again. As time has gone by I have started having migraines which I have NEVER had in my life, left arm and wrist are so sore I can hardly use them. Terrible cramping at night in my feet. Now have athletes foot which I have never had before. Could sleep for 16 hours straight. Irritable, low energy and other than being able to breathe better I pretty much feel lousy on this med. Going back to the Doctor to start over with a new plan of attach for my allergies. Maybe I will just used my inhalers and forget it. These horrific side effects from these new drugs just aren't worth it to me.

Comment from: Robin, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 01

I have severe itching of my hands and feet without hives (unknown origin). I take it daily an hour before bedtime. It helps me sleep AND completely stops the itching. I've been taking it for a year. Wish I could solve the underlying cause of the itch, but the drug keeps me functioning. It has worked perfectly for me.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 28

I thought this medicine worked great. I have been taking for 6 months to help with sinsitus and severe allergies. Recently I noticed my appetite has really increased and I gained a few pounds. I also find myself feeling very agitated and angry. This is not normal for me. I am going back to Zyrtec.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 23

My allergist started me on Xyzal for undiagnosed edemia after no cause could be determined. It certainly seems to work on that, but has no effect on my other "normal" allergies. At least I don't have the swelling and itching, which is great. Only TWO drawbacks. First, it's NOT cheap! If you don't have great rx coverage like me, you can pay up to $90 or more per month. I know that's because there's no generic yet so I have to take the hit on the wallet. Second, and most troubling, I ran out of the Xyzal the same day I forgot to re-up my Xanax. THAT was a day of pure HE!!. I was basically psychotic for about a day and thankfully my doc was on hand first thing in the morning to help. Have since weened off the Xanax, but the drug interaction was, to say the least, more than slightly troubling for me. Make sure you talk to your doc not only about normal drug interactions, but also any interactions or dependencies related to running OUT of your medications, too.

Related Reading: Xanax

Comment from: CarolinaMom, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 26

I have horrible environmental allergies. Internist gave me several samples of various meds to determine what was most effective. Xyzal won, hands down. Works without side effects!