Yasmin User Reviews

Yasmin - User Reviews

Yasmin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Yasmin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 21

I was on yasmin 6 years and for the last year and a half have had a lot of heart problems and blood pressure problems, severe headaches and migranes, and bad mood swings for 2 weeks out of the month. The first 4 years on the pill were great I lost weight and my skin was clear all the time but be careful when you are on this pill for an extended period of time. I didn't think that any of my symptoms were related to the pill, and my dr's couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. When I switched off of it because of low sex drive all of my other symptoms went away!!! Pay attention to your body...

Related Reading: yasmin

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 21

I love Yasmin!! I didn't gain any weight, my face is super clear, it's easy to use and i didn't get any side effects like breast tenderness, etc. I HIGHLY recommend it.

Related Reading: breast

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 15

Ladies please beware of this product; do more research before taking this med. I took Yasmin for nearly 5 years before the side effects appeared. I was one of those women who swore by this product too. But now I've developed tinnitus, anxiety, depression, unexplained anger, hair loss, irregular heartbeat, indigestion, unable to wear contacts, and many more side effects. I just thought my body was changing because I was over 30 yrs. old. Prior to Yasmin, I was perfectly healthy and active. I'm 32 yrs old and wish i had my old life back. I've been off Yasmin for 6 wks now and my body is slowly coming back to normal. The anxiety and indigestion are under control; and my hair is starting to grow again. I'm not trying to preach to you, but just beware, don't rely on your GYN to research what he/she prescribes to go into YOUR body. Do your own research.

Related Reading: tinnitus | anxiety | depression

Comment from: koalabear, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 25

I love how the pills are so small I can take them without water. It has made a huge difference during that time, I have very little pain (from severe pain), very light flow for a few days (from heavy for over a week), and my PMDD symptoms are gone. I wish this was available years ago!

Comment from: jaq835, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 26

I decided to write this because I've noticed that a lot of people have experienced mood related issues whilst on Yasmin. For me, Yasmin works perfectly, no break-through bleeding, good skin, no excess hair loss (which I have had on other pills), no noticeable weight gain and I'm not pregnant. That aside though, it did destroy my sex-drive and often made me feel anxious and depressed. I did find a way to fix this though. As long as I take a multivitamin and probiotic daily and do some exercise (a quick jog or something) I do not have any side-effects from being on this pill. After feeling normal on Yasmin for a couple of weeks, I stopped taking the vitamin tablets and at first noticed no change so decided I was fine without them. Suddenly just one night, my sex drive was gone again and I was again lying on my bed crying and wondering why I bothered with life... So it's back on the vitamin tablets and back to feeling normal. This drug can be very dangerous, I've never felt so sad and been so irritable, but at least in my case I can manage it with the help of vitamins. Hope this is helpful to people.

Related Reading: hair loss | vitamins

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 23

I have been taking Yasmin for over 4 years and have not had any problems with it at all. I have not experienced any mood swings, no weight gain, etc. My sex drive has actually increased...... I tried to switch to another BC that would be less expensive and had every symptom that others are reporting, EXTREME mood swings were the worst, so back to Yasmin 28. I have tried Ocella the generic version in the past and experienced break through bleeding throughout the month. I will stick with Yasmin.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 29

I've been on it for 3.5 years with no need to switch brands, etc as can happen with long-term use. Oh, and I haven't gotten pregnant which is kinda the point :-)

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 20

I have PCOS. This has been the only birth control to minimize my cysts and decrease my abdominal pain. They have tried so many different kinds of birth control and this one definitely works. It is also the only one that has not caused weight gain. I've actually lost 35 pounds. I have been taking Yasmin 28 for about 5 years and now I'm going to ask my doctore about Yaz. Seems like they have only improved on a good thing.

Related Reading: birth control | cysts | abdominal pain