Yasmin User Reviews

Yasmin - User Reviews

Yasmin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Yasmin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 03

I was on Ocella, the generic for Yasmin. On Ocella, I gained 15 pounds, had a constant migraine, always felt exhausted, always felt hungry but had no appetite, was irritable, prone to burst into tears over anything (extremely uncharacteristic of me), pretty much any negative side effect birth control can cause was caused by Ocella. My doctor switched me to Yasmin and I immediately felt 100% better. I feel like myself again. I honesetly think it's worth the extra money. Although the generic may have the same active ingretients, the inactive ingredients are significantly different enough to ruin your life. Yasmin is the only birth control I have been on that hasn't negatively affected my daily life.

Related Reading: migraine

Comment from: chachamoma, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 11

Ocella is the generric drug for Yasmin. I was ask by my OBGYN if I would like to try it. I said no,because I thought it wouldnt be effective. My pharmacy gave it to me without asking. I questioned it and thought I would give it a try, because it was cheaper. It was not worth it!!! I started with symptoms that were not real noticable redness and swelling but no pain until the second month of pills. I had burning swelling and redness and and upset stomach. I had to put a icebag there it helped with burning. Then came the yeast infection on top of it all. Called my Obgyn they said these were side effects from the fillers.And that after my period I could have another yeast infection. This drug in not the same as Yasmin. Even the hormones are different It was not worth the aggravation. There is a big difference in generic drugs. I had to find out the hard way.

Related Reading: yeast infection

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 14

I took this pill for about 2 1/2 to 3 years, and it was ok. My periods were regular, lighter and shorter. No problems with headaches, acne, cramping, or weight gain. Actually I lost about 20 pounds on this pill. However, even though I took this pill religiously, I now have a beatiful 1 yr. old little boy!!

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: GinaF, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 05

I am a 41 y.o. female with uterine fibroids. I took Yaz to control uterine bleeding. Worked great. Quality of life better. Blood pressure issues arose. Had to stop taking it.

Related Reading: uterine fibroids | Yaz

Published: November 30

I developed a blood clot using this drug. BEWARE

Comment from: lg1031, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 10

I was at my lowest weight. 3-4 days light period. Excessive sex drive to the point my husband was upset. I had severe anxiety. Panic attacks. Gallbladder pain. Dry contacts. My doctor denied my anxiety was from the bcp. Tried several anti-anxiety, anti-depressants before realizing it was Yasmin and stopped them all. The unwarrented rage was awful. I have been off of Yasmin and on the Paraguard (non hormone IUD)for almost a year now. Symptoms of anxiety and fear and rage subsided within months. I would love, love, love to be able to take this to manage my weight but the side effects are awful. Thank you to all the ladies that posted about our alike symptoms, my husband and I got a lot of validation - we thought we were alone in this nightmare!!

Related Reading: Panic attacks | Gallbladder pain

Comment from: LA, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 09

I've been on Yasmin for 5 1/2 years & was perfectly happy with it. I took it for birth control & the positive effects were a bonus - like clearing my huge big breakouts once a month, lightened my period, cut my period to 3-4 days. I did get the bloating, weight gain & minor headaches over the last years & was able to manage through them with Advil or exercise. However, over the last 2 months, I started noticing that I was getting these headaches that won't go away. It started 2 months ago, thinking it's just the usual headache migraine I got before my period but it lasted for almost a month! Just a dull, nagging, aching headache at the top of my head. Took everything (Advil, Tylenol, Aspirin) & it would kind of go away but recur again. Also, I went to see my primary care doctor to ask why I got these lingering headaches, although not painful, but dull & achy. They saw my blood pressure was elevated & my doctor didn't know if this was caused by my headache. Then I started reading these emails about negative side effects of Yasmin. At first I ignored them but then when I read them, I found out that I had the same symptoms! I got the anxiety attacks, terrible heart palpitations, high blood pressure, never ending dull headache, & also dryness in my vaginal walls that sex felt painful & all these I never experienced before. I compared my experiences to all the reviews I read & found that most women who were on Yasmin for a long time like myself had the same results. My gynecologist told me to stop using it & will probably switch me to a lower brand. If you notice any of these symptoms, please stop taking Yasmin.

Related Reading: headache | Tylenol | Aspirin