Yasmin User Reviews

Yasmin - User Reviews

Yasmin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Yasmin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: bronsonsuicide, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 30

I was on Yasmin for 5 years before I got sterilized. I went off it after my surgery and my life has been hell ever since. Yasmin was fantastic; helped with acne, had a very small damper on my sex drive, made my boobs huge and my periods non-existent. The only thing I hated was having to remember to take a pill daily. When I quit taking Yasmin, I aquired major PMS, horrid mood swings, very HEAVY and painful periods, I lost about 20 lbs, I lost most of my boobage and I became EXTREMELY fatigued and depressed. My doc put me back on the stuff last week.

Comment from: L, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 11

This was the worst experience of my life! I can't believe it's still on the market. I weighed 107 when I started and in a month went down to 89 lbs. I've never been so sick in my life, and had no idea it was from this wretched pill! Thank God I found out. It caused a lot of health problems from the rapid weight loss. Extreme mood swings which were way out of character for me as well. I wish this were taken off of the market so it doesn't harm others!!!

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 16

Well I'm 25 and I started taking this pill to help with pmdd. I finished one week so far. My breasts are soooo sore, Ive been nauseauated the whole time. But, i'm not as hungry so I not forsee any weight gain with taking this pill. Ive been extremly mellow, which is good. Less anxiety (plus). So far, I just dont like the fact my boobs are so swollen. I have large breast to begin with and the pill is making them bigger! And afetr I eat I nausea. But hopefully that will subside. I mean i've been taking for 7 days now.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 02

I have had very bad side effects with this BCP. It is effective in that I did not get pregnant, however, emotionally, 2 weeks out of the month I was a wreck.

Comment from: aimflem, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 25

I was on this birth control and started feeling very depressed, to the point of getting angry at myself. I was absolutely overwhelmed with life, cried for no reason. My doctor put me on a different pill and all my sysmptoms cleared until I started developing cysts. He switched me back to this one again, because we both could not remember why I went off of it. After just one month of taking this I can't stand myself. Frustrated, anger, depression, this is crazy! This pill should not be available!

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 13

I didn't get pregnant, so it did it's job. My skin got so clear it looked airbrushed so that was pretty nice but I gained 15 pounds without any change in my diet or level of physical activity. It affected my emotion so severely that I suffered from severe sadness, severe anxiety, severe mood swings and anything else you can imagine that can mess with your overall well being. I became paranoid that I was going to die...for no reason at all. I was simply convinced. A lot of regrettable things happened during the duration of using yasmin and I will never go on it again. In fact, it has terrified me so much, I have banned even the idea of everf using birth control pills again.

Comment from: mom of 2 in texas, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 17

didnt kill my sex drive...but have experienced mood swings but i feel really tired and sluggish with the medicine! has anyone else felt like this?

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 10

During the 6 weeks that I took this bcp, I developed acne, terrible mood swings, rage for no good reason, fatigue, and I was bleeding for most of that time. I have never had any of the problems, in any form prior to taking the pill. In the end, suicidal thoughts scared me into stopping cold turkey. I am not on a different bcp with minor, tolerable side effects.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 11

After my 3 kids and a tubal my mood swings were horrible. I started Yaz. Yes I will admint the 1st month is the hardest. My mood swings got even worse. The doctor said it takes at least 3 months to get the drug in your system and adjust. After that I would not get of of this! Mood swings no more! I may get an occasional headache but my periods are light and short. No acne problems. I am very thankful for it.

Comment from: cheer mom, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 30

I have been taking yasmin for two months. I just realized it was more than likely the reason for my severe mood swings, breast tenderness, anxiety and heart palpatations. It did clear up my skin and I did not get pregnant, but I cannot handle the side effects.