Zanaflex User Reviews

Zanaflex - User Reviews

Zanaflex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zanaflex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: MDiggs, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 16

I use to take soma's. and thay didn't work. I ask my Dr. for something else he gave me Zanaflex. And my stiff neck and spasms went away.

Related Reading: soma | Zanaflex

Comment from: ZanaNo, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 05

I have been using this drug as needed for spasms Also have multiple spinal problems. I only took Zanaflex maybe 1 or 2 times a week until I got hurt at work. I then started taking it every night as my spasms increased and I was unable to sleep from pain. It wasn't until 3 months later that I started looking for answers that I found a real list of side effects that have been bothering me, and never had before, and I never suspected it could be the drug. To name a few: stomach pains, abdominal cramps, severe diarrhea, night sweats, dry mouth and throat, nasal drip (how you can have those two at the same time is beyond me), bad dreams, hallucinations, increase in aggressiveness, depression, forgetfulness, and one hell of a " short fuse." I've since realized that I cannot use this drug if I want to have any good quality of living. The side effects are just TOO great for the benefit it provides for me. I understand that meds affect people differently, for me... I'll have to pass on Zanaflex. Hope this helps a few people who are looking for answers. God knows I thought I was losing my mind. =^\

Related Reading: sleep | diarrhea | night sweats

Comment from: myangelfilly@aol.com, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 15

Works wonders for the spasms. Which is why I took it for 8 yrs. But it is highly addictive and nearly killed me when I stopped taking them. I suffered a small stroke from my BP going so high, non stop vomiting and diareah for 10 days. Lost 40 pounds in 2 weeks. Didn't sleep for a week straight. Hallucinations, dizzy and couldn't walk at all. I slept on the floor in the bathroom for over a week. Stupid me didn't go to the hospital either.

Related Reading: stroke

Published: November 14

this medicine works and does not cause a hangover effect

Comment from: medicgirl, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 31

I found this medication to do wonders in treating my back spasms and pain due to a herniated L4/L5 disc and severe sciatic pain. HOWEVER, the side effects are becoming increasingly difficult to deal with, including the night sweats, night terrors, and most disturbing of all, the horrible hallucinations I've been experiencing WHILE AWAKE! I've read that one of the side effects can be "seeing things that aren't there", so I was relieved that I wasn't going crazy, even tho I felt like I was losing my mind at times! I've thought I've seen bugs crawling on me, people in my house when I'm alone, and even more horrible, terrifying visions I care not to mention. But, you see, they appear VERY REAL TO ME, so it's very scary!!! I have no history of mental illness, and am not an easily frightened person, as I'm a paramedic, and have seen plenty of gruesome things without blinking, but this really shook me up, I'll be honest.

Related Reading: mental illness

Comment from: marty j, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 21

The doctor started me on Zanaflex 2mg-3 times a day,9yrs ago for migraine headaches.In 2002 I had an accident @ work and they raised the dose to 4mg-3 times a day.I have taken this dose for 6 yrs now.I have had great results with Zanaflex,without it I do not think I would make it through the day.

Related Reading: migraine

Comment from: Lizzy, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 09

I became very dizzy, as though I was drunk, in just a matter of minutes. My blood pressure raised to stroke level and heart rate increased way above normal. I ended up in the hospital twice in less than two weeks before the doctors realized it was the medication causing all these problems.

Comment from: Jan Harrington, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 07

Scary drug! I totally spaced out several times. Found myself shut inside the pantry. When I snapped out of it I was quite confused as to why I even went there to begin with. But the worst part was the mood changes. I became severely agitated and angry, probably to the point of being violent. Luckily I took it at night when everyone was in bed because I swear I do not know what I would have done! I was overcome with feelings of hurting someone/anyone for no reason. I was aware that I was feeling this way, but could do nothing to stop it. My husband rolled over and said I love you, goodnight and I felt like punching him in the face. It took several hours for the anger to subside. Be extremely careful when you take this drug, especially if you are taking care of small children!!

Chronic Pain/Back Pain