Zanaflex User Reviews

Zanaflex - User Reviews

Zanaflex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zanaflex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 16

This medication works well except that it makes me very sleepy. I can not take it at work.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 30

After my car accident I tried other muscle relaxers (Flexeril & Norflex) but after using them for a while they no longer worked on the spasms. I started to use this one and it has still given relief to the spasms longer than the others.

Related Reading: Flexeril | Norflex

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 19

I have taken Zanaflex since'02 for severe spasms and pain due to Multiple Sclerosis this med has been a Godsend for me I take 4mg @night and 2mg during the day when needed upside I can function normally through the day with min.pain and less painful spasms although a bit groggy(that's why I only take the 2 mg if totally necessary) the downside(for me)is generic doesn't help the pain but brand name does(the extra cost is worth it) odd I know but very true and I only use the tablet form of Zanaflex as for some reason the capsule did not last very long for me I hope this helps someone

Related Reading: Multiple Sclerosis

Comment from: April, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 12

I have scoliosis and 3 badly herniated discs. I used to be in pain 24x7 and narcotic pain killers didn't agree with me. I take this medication every night before bed and NOTHING reduces muscle spasm like this med and allows me to sleep. Dry mouth is a minor side effect and it makes me too drowsy to drive, but over all this medication is a life saver. It has really improved my quality of life!

Related Reading: scoliosis | Dry mouth

Comment from: Hikerbabe, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 01

I have cervical stenosis and degenerative disc disease. I am on routine pain meds and meds fir break through pain. I had been on soma for the severe muscle spasms and related cramping/burning in my neck and shoulders. On my last MD visit my Md d/c'ed soma and ordered this med. I am so happy with the results! This is the 1st muscle relaxer I have taken that provides significant relief! Much more so than soma. I only take it at night as my MD ordered and it does cause some sleepiness. However in my situation that is welcome. My pain has been interfering with sleep. I'd say it reduces the muscle burning and spasms by almost 75% for at least 3-4 hours. It has definetely improved the quality of my life!!! The only adverse side effect I have experienced is sleepiness.

Related Reading: muscle spasms

Comment from: soulcarrier, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 12

No other medication stopped the spacisity in my legs, after suffering a concussion. I would wake up from the muscle spasms in my neck and legs from sleep, as the bed would be shaking. With this medication I am able to sleep, but still wake when needed. I was concerned that I would be unable to work overnight, on call, at the hospital, once I took my PM dose of Zanaflex, and that my ability to wake to being paged would be hindered, and it was not. I was able to successfully resume work, without the use of a cane or walking aide, as long as I use the full dose prescribed of Zanaflex. I did experience horrible pain, once hospitalized, and unable to hold down my RX due to vomiting. The pain RX did not manage the leg pain that resulted from my bodies lack of regular dosage of Zanaflex and the Dr did not prescribe a liquid dosage IV. If one is hospitalized and unable to take oral RX dosage, a family member or patient needs to insist/request the liguid dosage to maintain levels and muscle spasm relief.

Related Reading: concussion

Comment from: Alasia, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 30

My doctor prescribed Zanaflex 4mg for a strained muscle in my back. Within 15-30 minutes I feel drunk, slurred speech, vision blurred, then I finally pass out. I have fallen asleep three times while eating... woken up at the table with food still in my mouth. Thank God I didnt choke. I reccommend that you do not eat after you take this medicine. I sleep solid for about 4-6 hours, and I wake up feeling very refreshed. I like this medication because it doesn't leave me feeling like I have a hangover and sluggish. Zanaflex helps my back tremendously. I also use it as a sleeping pill since it is fast acting and leaves me feeling refreshed and well rested.

Chronic Pain/Back Pain