Zanaflex User Reviews

Zanaflex - User Reviews

Zanaflex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zanaflex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: T. Kendall, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 13

I was perscribed this medication only 6 days ago. I took it for 4 days and then stopped it and returned to flexeril after I had accute dizziness, depression,[with suicidal ideations]and violant mood swings . I suffer with S.L.E. AND Fibromyalga. I also have meniere's sydrome and can have an horrific vertigo episode from even just getting water in my left ear from the shower. This medication,ZANAFLEX, has caused me tremendous suffering and close to fainting spells-even while just lying in bed. I may be the first to say this; but I think this medication may also be the colprit of my very recent depression and angry mood swings. Although I have returned to taking Flexeril only 3 days ago, I can confidently testify [as can my immediate family and friends]that I am my old self again;very patient,not feeling irrate and very glad to report-not wishing to die in my sleep. The meneire's is much improved also. I have one qualm with the P.D.R. regarding Zanaflex and that is so far- I have not read anywhere eles including the P.D.R. about any of the very DANGEROUS adverse reactions I have mentioned with the only exception of dizziness. Can you PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF HUMANITY look into the other reactions I advised you of?

Related Reading: dizziness | depression | vertigo

Comment from: Marsha, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 08

This medication is for use with the spasms caused by MS. It replaced the baclofen that had stopped working for me.

Related Reading: baclofen

Comment from: abiding, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 02

I've got cervical spondylsis, cervical stenosis, and derniated discs c6 & c7. After several years of only partial relief from Topamax and Epideral injections, I've been taking zanaflex for 3 months now, and am 90% pain free. Initially the doc ordered 4mg 2x/day, but it made me too sleepy during the day and found the effect wore off between doses. I changed to 2mg in morning and the afternoon, and 4mg at night. It's helped so much that on most days I only take the morning and bedtime doses! I thank God for this medication and for giving me a great doctor! (Dr John Knab in Wilmington, NC)

Related Reading: Topamax

Comment from: Nonnie152, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 08

I could not work while taking it. I can only take it before bed and started to experience hallucinations after taking for a few weeks.

Comment from: fighting2win, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 17

I have PPMS, take 16mg qam, 16mg qafternoon and 40mg HS. zanaflex has greatly improved my qualaty of life. the dosage was increased gradually, but on a pain level of (0-5)I maintain a level of ~2 compaired too a level of 5. i also take other medications for spasms (baclofen, 10mg valium) and for pain duragesic patches.

Related Reading: valium | duragesic

Comment from: NICKSOCK@AOL.COM, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 13

I HAVE BEEN TAKING FLEXERIL FOR 15 YRS. TOLD MY DOC I THOUGHT THE FLEXERIL WAS NOT WORKING, AND I WOULD LIKE TO TRY SOMETHING ELSE. I HAVE NEVER HALLUCINATED, IN MY LIFETIME, TIL I TOOK ZANAFLEX. I CAN'T EXPRESS HOW FRIGHTENING THIS EXPERIENCE WAS. I WILL NEVER TAKE THIS DRUG AGAIN.

Comment from: kyle25libra, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 01

works really well. but will cause tiredness. if u take 1mg it will relax you like a valium, I take 6mg at night also to sleep due to a work accident.These are the strongest muscle relaxer Ive found over 10 years of medication useage.

Comment from: oklacarcollector, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 24

Real bad reactions. Hospitalized twice in 2007 because of it. Spent 2 months in bed. Have never gotten back to feeling like I did before using it. Liver enzymes went through roof. Protine went way down. Doctor thought I would die. They even sent tests to California. Side effects sneak up on you and doctors can't figure out what is causing the problems.

Related Reading: Liver