Zarontin User Reviews

Zarontin - User Reviews

Zarontin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zarontin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: August 16

My son was diagnosed with absence seizures at the age of 5. Zarontin is the only medicine he has ever taken and I believe it works wonders. He was testing very low in his kindergarten class before taking the medicine. About 3 weeks after we started the medicine he was in the top 3 of his class. Yes, it is very hard to have to put your children on medicines but, I believe this was the best choice by far. In the beginning he was a little hyper shortly after his dose but, he has adjusted to all the side effects now. Did you know that a child with absence seizures also know as blank stare seizures can have up to 150 seizures a day? Well, I hope this helped someone out there struggling with the difficult decision to medicate their child.

Related Reading: Zarontin

Comment from: mariasmom, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 31

While I really struggled with the decision to put my 9-year-old daughter on any type of medication when she was diagnosed with absence seizures, I am absolutely certain my doctor was spot on by prescribing the Zarontin. I have seen zero seizures in the 5 weeks she has been taking it and her confidence and grades have improved dramatically.

Published: April 10

I am using this in my 6 year old daughter. It has helped greatly and I agree that it is easy to use.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 22

I had epilieptic seizures from around 5 years old when (in 1958) my Doctor controlled it with a combination of Phenytoin and Phenobarbitol. The outcome of this was that I spent the next 6 years at school in a sedated and confused condition resulting in me being regarded by teachers ar retarded and by the school bullies as an ideal victim. At the age of 11 another Doctor prescribed Zarontin and turned my life around; within a year I was top in Sciences, English, Math and so on. After about 5 years of the new medication I had grown out of the condition and no longer needed treatment. I am now 58 and have worked for a number of the top consultancies in the world as an Electronic Design Engineer - none of this would have been possible without this extraordinary drug Zarontin. Thanks Parke-Davis you gave me my life back.

Comment from: 7-12 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 22

My son was diagnosed with petit mal siezures in 4th grade (age 9). Once starting Zarontin he became seizure free. He had little to no side effects. He stayed on it for 4 yaers twice a day without ever having (to our or his knowledge) another siezure again. My wife was religious about his frequency and time of day (same always) for dosing. He completely outgrew the illness and has been siezure and medication free since. He is almost 18 now. It was very beneficial for him.

Related Reading: seizure

Comment from: MomOfTwo, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: May 10

My 8 year old dsughter uses this for Petit Mal Seizures - it works great and is easy to take, we tried other meds and this one was the right one for us. She has been seizure free for more than 6 months:)

Comment from: kaf101, 7-12 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 18

My 9 1/2 yr old daughter has been taking zarontin for 2 years. She started at 5 ml twice per day. Now she is on 8 ml twice per day. Recently she has been complaining of a gassy upset stomach and has vivid dreams/nightmares and cannot sleep through the night. Her recent EEG's have shown some seizure activity, hence why her medicine has slowly increased. Looks like we will be making an unplanned trip to the neurologist.

Related Reading: nightmares | sleep

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 05

My 7 year old took this and it controlled the seizures. However, she experienced vivid hallucinations and sleeplessness. We couldn't get her off of it fast enough.

Comment from: lisa58, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 15

This is the best so far out of all the other drugs that Ive taken in close to 30 yrs!

Comment from: nzaurov@yahoo.com, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: July 05

My daughter who had dignosed with year old Petit Mal Seisures was tanking Zarontin 2 a day , then in 6 month increased dose to 5 a day. in about 1 year we did follow up with 2nd EEG Dr. said that nothing is changed, so he refering her to go to Hospital for a 3 days EEG , and before he prescribes more stronger meds

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.