Zarontin User Reviews

Zarontin - User Reviews

Zarontin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zarontin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: KellyZD, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: October 13

My daughter has been on Zarontin since age 4 (she is almost 13 now). It has totally controlled her symptoms. Until recently, side effects were minimal -- very vivid dreaming/imagination, etc. I don't know what other patients with this disorder were told, but we were told this is the type of seizure you outgrow by puberty. My daughter entered puberty about a year ago. Now, the past couple of days, she's had bad headaches and jumpy vision. Not sure what's going on but am calling doctor tomorrow.

Related Reading: puberty

Comment from: Amber, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 03

My son has been taking this medication for approx. 4 years now and we have had good success as long as he does not miss any doses. the side effects he experienced such as headach and stomach fade with time.

Comment from: thankssomuch, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 01

I have both petit mal and abscence refractory and until adding ethosuximide to lamictal, I was lost...I havn't had any side effects that I've noticed, but with adhd some of them would be hard to detect, but I also only take the smallest dose once a day. Changed my life so far...

Comment from: Worried Mom, 7-12 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 15

My son is 9 has been on it since July. First dose 250 Mg in the morning & 250 Mg in the evening made a huge difference. But because he was still having a few dr. started to increase. With each increases he has had bad appetite, feeling hot, bad dreams, throwing up, cannot drink dairy anymore. Seizures have come back full force and now 1000 MG per day. We are winging off to a lower dose in hopes that lower is better. Dr. wants to introduce Lamictal but I am deathly afraid. We are fighting with insurance to get to a pediactric neuro. Can anyone tell me if their kids are being treated by a general neurologist or a ped's. Why won't insurance company automatically just approve this! So frustrated.

Comment from: 7-12 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 07

I have just put my 8 year old on this medication. And I am trying to figure out if other children experience side effects such as stomache, or headache? My daughter has woke up throwing up and I am not sure if it just takes time??? Any advise??

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 13

When I was a little I used this pill, and it was the worse decision the doctors could ever prescribe me. It caused numerious of complications and side effects that have created long term effects, especially on my eyes. It affected my eyes to the point that I have to take care of them for the rest of my life.

Comment from: Pauls mommy, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 03

My son, 10 yrs. old, was diagnosed with primary generalized epilepsy in September 2012. first med. Depakote, horrible side effects of aggression, sadness...Weaned him from that to try Zarontin 250 mg/ 2x day. So far, last two weeks, have been great! Mood has leveled out, couple minor stomach aches reported and has mentioned trouble sleeping at times...so far, so good. The other drug was a nightmare and this is a blessing (so far). Glad to have my son back!

Comment from: LoArc40@att.net, 13-18 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 03

I was on this medication for treatment of epilepsy in my teen years and it did not help treat my seizures like we were expecting it to.

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.