Zegerid User Reviews

Zegerid - User Reviews

Zegerid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zegerid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 23

I have Acid Reflux and Eosinophilic Esophagitis. I have been on every PPI out there (Prilosec, Nexium, Prevacid, Aciphex, and Protonix). By far Zegereid has worked the best. I have no symptoms, sleep comfortably, and have no side effects (i.e. Headache, Nausea, or cramping). I would recomend this to anyone

Comment from: bonnieb, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 08

I had an endoscopy 3 days ago, and diagnosis was 'gastritis'. I was prescribed 'zegerid', I have taken the capsule twice and my ankles have swollen twice their size! I have high blood pressure and do not think the high sodium is appropriate for me. I plan to call the GI doctor tomorrow to find out if this is normal. I don't believe it is. Anyone else with this side effect? Thank you.

Related Reading: gastritis | zegerid | high blood pressure

Comment from: traceym, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 08

This is the BEST drug I've ever taken for my heartburn. Its the ONLY one that worked for me. I tried Nexium twice a day and that didnt even help me. Only one zegerid a day has kept the doctor away!! They have coupons to help out with the copay!!

Related Reading: heartburn

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 07

I'v hade acid reflux over 15 years and have taken all the usual scrips. Zegerid caused chest pains that are so bad it makes you cry you cant belive how bad the pain is. I only took it 3 days and had to change to Aciphex. This Med needs to be taken off the market before it kill's someone. It makes you feal like your having a hart attack , bloated with gas and sick to your stomach. It get's bad after you eat.

Related Reading: Aciphex

Comment from: Michele, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 05

I ended up at my GI doctor because my GERD was so bad that I was having heart palpitations or tacchyarrythmias. I've never has any heart problems, do not smoke, drink alcohol or drink any caffeinated beverages or ingest other stimulants. I've taken the Zegerid twice. The first time I threw up after two hours and then was nauseous and afraid to eat anything the next day. On my second and final attempt, I barely averted another tacchyarrythmia event after feeling a lump in my throat, I started to feel like I couldn't breath, my heart began to almost race uncontrollably and my stomach became irritable. The sodium is a very bad thing for me as I try to limit my intake of salt, so I would caution all people taking this medicine to be aware of the potential side effects.

Related Reading: palpitations

Comment from: Shopgirl1127, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 11

I started taking this drug 3 months ago. At first I thought that it was a miracle drug. That was until I began having chest pains/ heart palpatations, leg cramps, shortness of breath, and finally ended up in the Cardiac Unit of the hospital for 4 days this past week. My doctors think that the Zegerid is the cause of the heart/chest problems and told me to stop taking it immediately. I have spent over $20,000 in medical bills only to come back and find out that this so called miracle drug was the issue the entire time. No one suspected that the drug was the issue since it is basically derived from Prilosec, and none of my side effects were listed or known to be caused by this drug. I would not recommend this drug to anyone long term as it has caused me some very expensive and troublesome damage.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 16

It works faster and it lasts as long as anything else I have tried

Comment from: Foxyblue, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 19

Brought the first relief for reflux ever experienced. Seems like all the others (I've tried them all) are candy compared to zegerid.

GI Disorders